New 2015 700-4

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Just bought my new pioneer! Went accessory crazy. Rear bumper, hard roof, 27" bighorns, emp bumper and windshield, terra 45 winch, sss off-road skid, strong made lift and arm guards as well as some random other little things. Any must haves I've missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Green,
Welcome to the HondaSxS Club. Once you get all that installed we would love to see some pictures.

One other must have is a light bar.
The OEM lights suck. If you have never used a light bar... OMG.. There bright...
You want even use the OEM lights on the trail as you cant tell there even on.
What are you using for a accessories switch unit? OEM? If not look into the one from Red Mountain Products. It replaces the "BS" card on the dash.

Have you already installed all these accessories?
If not, few questions. If you have, then you already figured the following out!
Did you get the Honda rear bumper? Or EMP?
On the EMP front bumper. Do you plan to mount up top or internal? If internal you will need the EMP winch mount. If on top, your good.
Did you get a 2014 or 15 Pioneer? If you got a 2014 you might want to look into the shock spacer mod or order the 2015 OEM shocks or a set of aftermarkets.

Other then that.. You just need a HondaSxS decal and you complete... for now.
C-ya around.

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
I got the 2015 so all set there except for a pesky CAT. Nothing is installed yet. I've never ridden at night before but I did get brighter bulbs for the stock location for a little more light in case. I got the stock rear as EMP says theres won't fit the p4. I do plan to mount the winch on top as it would be easier to access and keep it dry. I seem to remember something I bought came with a sticker?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Kool.
If you dont ride at night then I guess there is no need for the light bar.

Ya, EMP Rear bumper want work with the P4 as it comes. But, it can be mod'ed to fit. If you are handy and have a welder its not too difficult. I have a P4 and love the EMP rear bumper, not sure why they want make this bracket like I did. Check it out - pioneer-700-accessories-and-modifications-f48/emp-rear-bumper-extreme-metal-products-t1243.html

All right. I do wish you luck with the install.
C-ya.

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Thanks! I'm not that handy. They should make their bracket like yours though, that's the only reason I didn't buy their bumper. I'll post pictures when it's all done. Will take me a while I'm sure!

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
I went a little crazy with accessories.
27x9 front and 27x12 rear bighorns, stock tires didn't even make it home mounted.
EMP bumper and half windshield.
Strongmade cv guards front and rear.
Honda rear bumper and roof.
Superwinch Terra 45
And a few other little things here and there like a Honda rear view mirror, 50w bulbs, grab handles, frame caps, longer tailgate cables and under hood storage bucket.

All I have left to do is install my SSS Off-road UHMW skid and wire the winch!

Skid is going to require some modification to fit over the EMP bumper I think though.

I also got the Strongmade lift but can't install it because the roof rubs hard on the way into the garage as it sits now in this photo so that will have to wait for a bigger garage! 27"s don't rub without the lift so I will wait and see if I even need it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422293546.232443.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422293546.232443.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 974
G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Got the SSS Off-road skid install nearly done. Works well with the EMP front bumper. Drilled some holes and used some bolts through the bash plate built into the bumper. Little heat and c-clamps to hold it in place.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422642698.301388.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422642698.301388.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 827
G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
My only concern is how well the a-arm guards and skid play together. The clearance is tight and at full compression if the a-arms go too high so that the inside of the arm guards angle down they may push into the skid.

Might have to push down on the front and rear with the tractor to get full compression and see if they clear.