Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
First weekend in forever not camping and although I had planned on adding some more good stuff to the pioneer on the only off weekend in a long time we all got antsy about not being in the woods and decided to scout some new ground. Well about 20 miles down a rough country dirt road with snow still in places is a very nice little campground called Gold Creek Lodge the n Idaho. They cater to anything with a motor snowmobiles, quads, sxs,and dirt bikes. We always scout new places first ive learned never just try it it's not worth waisting a weekend on being somewhere nobody wants to be or getting kicked out because the neighbors little dogs wouldn't stop barking at you so they boot out you. Nope we're not everyone's cup of tea! Met Steve and Angela the caretakers here and they are awesome people that stay up late like music aren't bothered by "activities " can't say enough about them or the place. They even have full hookups for those people that need full hookups for their coaches (ours is full solar with twice the reserves as most not a fan of generator noise in the woods) and said they would give us a great rate on the grassy section for our group, awesome. They have full restaurant bar pool everything even a little pond and lakeside access down the road. Carefull pulling a big pretty rig into here it's a drive at your own risk sort of thing with the continous sound of branches down your rig and even a sign saying "unmaintained public access" and a small bridge with "20,000 pound maximum " Challenges in my mind especially with a nearly 50k pound Cummins 40ft pusher motorhome loaded with dirt bikes but places like this are when we know we're home. Rode around a bit went for some nice pics listened to some good loud tunes and drinks with my family and a good friend that went with. Even talked to Scott and Angela about their new 1000-5 (first one I've ever seen in the woods) and how it was superior to their Ranger 900. They love that rig and he was flabbergasted at all the "accessories " on ours and asked for help down the road. They said the night before that they had been bouncing down some single tracks in it the night before till 4 in the morning with drinks and music really love it. They like guns Honda diesels good times and American freedom-Our kind of people!!! They realized quickly that we are the party and made room in the campground for the 4th for us and all of our group and added that they would show us around when we get there "we will all have a great time" we're all in! Anyone close that isn't scared to take your truck or camper off road to get to your start point will love this destination. Even have very nicely appointed cabins for rent great food beer on tap have ethanol free fuel and know the area well. Great place hidden by 20 miles of trees! Image Image Image

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well @plummer32 I'd love to ride with you. Have yet to ride with a pioneer much less anyone on this site. We don't get far out but we do get out a lot to beat up on some dirt and love finding new places with great people. This area has so many miles of riding that even with the kind of miles we lay down we won't ride it in our lifetime. For us there's nothing like the woods but are down for everything! Very much like you I'd love to see more of what this great country of our has to offer

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
great pics @CumminsPusher , I'm very jealous, looks like you have some good places to check out.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
great pics @CumminsPusher , I'm very jealous, looks like you have some good places to check out.
Well I know there are lots of beautiful areas to ride in this country and we have such a small part of the country to explore but this was one of those places not many have found so it was kinda cool. It's amazing to me that there is that nice of an esablishment in the middle of the woods. Cool to find in gods country

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
That's awesome, thanks for sharing not only the pics but your encounter with some good ole down to earth people that makes this country great.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks @JACKAL we still live in the best damn country and we all need to be proud of it. It's ours people worked and died for that. It's our job to enjoy and to keep it. I love sharing. I love reading others stories and wish more would share it gives you a window into their lives. Please share

Last edited:
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Thanks @JACKAL we still live in the best damn country and we all need to be proud of it. It's ours people worked and died for that. It's our job to enjoy and to keep it. I love sharing. I love reading others stories and wish more would share it gives you a window into their lives. Please share
It is pretty awesome, we like to get out in the woods just to get away, my problem is the wife and I are both busy and going in opposite directions making hard to get much time out there. I'm always game to check out everyone else's places to ride, keep the pics coming!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It is pretty awesome, we like to get out in the woods just to get away, my problem is the wife and I are both busy and going in opposite directions making hard to get much time out there. I'm always game to check out everyone else's places to ride, keep the pics coming!
We can all do just as much as we can and sometimes life gets in the way. I understand this as much as anyone. We've worked hard for years to both have jobs that align with each other and give us time. It's been a b**** even now with so many years into everything we really only have weekends no time during the week which sucks. But every second we have were gone amongst the trees. I'm the biggest city hillbilly you done met :) love it out there. I appreciate just being able to ride with family and our friends it means everything to me so until I'm 3 feet under(that's all we will be able to afford by then) it'll keep it coming. Like you I just love seeing the country even if through other people's eyes it seems to make far destinations feel more obtainable. Some day right??

Reactions: sharp and vince
advertisement
H

HondaHomer

Mar 3, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love the pictures! I like the windshield/light bar on front. Any particular brand? Are you running separate batteries? What are the antennas for in back? Looks like a great place to ride?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Love the pictures! I like the windshield/light bar on front. Any particular brand? Are you running separate batteries? What are the antennas for in back? Looks like a great place to ride?
Main light bar now is multi color led for fun effects is all I guess. Have had many brands over the years and have good luck with all. I would suggest Cree or Phillips as far as the led themselves so I’d suggest making sure whatever brand you choose has those. Yes always dual batteries with a battery separator to protect the stock system. Antennas on the back are lighted whips. Another kinda fun thing but also really useful in the woods to be seen especially while riding with friends. Someplaces do require a whip with a flag

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
36hrs for me but I put it on the list of places to go may bring the clippers will have to bring the camper and its 40ft but only about 16-18k truck is 8k but as long as the bridge is 60+ft long the weight will be distributed.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
36hrs for me but I put it on the list of places to go may bring the clippers will have to bring the camper and its 40ft but only about 16-18k truck is 8k but as long as the bridge is 60+ft long the weight will be distributed.
That bridge is scary but our bus is over 25k on the rear duals alone and she didn’t go down, I think that weight limit was probably just a “suggestion “ lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradley-Thornton