Superatv or Rocky Mountain atv have the best prices I've found

T

TeddySmith

Sep 17, 2016
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Superatv or Rocky Mountain atv have the best prices I've found
How much are they there. I live in Kentucky, going rate here is $350 for a full windshield

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We like the Super ATV Flip windshield we have but I would not buy one until they get their attachment hardware redesigned. We had to safety wire our clamps on for our trip to Colorado. Do a search on Super ATV Flip Windshield on this forum to see the problems encountered by us and others.

J

JTW

We like the Super ATV Flip windshield we have but I would not buy one until they get their attachment hardware redesigned. We had to safety wire our clamps on for our trip to Colorado. Do a search on Super ATV Flip Windshield on this forum to see the problems encountered by us and others.
I don't have mine yet.. But based on yours and some others opinions I'm going to try and fab some new mountain system. Oh, and supposedly they have new clamps. You may want to call and ask about that!

J

JTW

How much are they there. I live in Kentucky, going rate here is $350 for a full windshield
I'm in ky too.. The full hard coat from Honda is 500.. From my understanding you really want the hard coat windshields. And the two places i mentioned are online. But check out the superatv flip windshield.. It's hard coat on both sides and ran 400 for my p500

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have mine yet.. But based on yours and some others opinions I'm going to try and fab some new mountain system. Oh, and supposedly they have new clamps. You may want to call and ask about that!
We have been talking to them on the phone. I also read somewhere that they had new clamps to address the problem but when I talked to their service department and then to one of their "techs" and got the old "we are unaware of a problem". Of course the Service Department was unaware that they had already had to refund someone's money over this very issue. We have sent them numerous photos showing the problem. I am going to call them again tomorrow to see what they are going to do. If I knew what I know now I would not order until I saw evidence that they had corrected the problem. You shouldn't have to pay $359 for a product and then have to safety wire and zip tie it so it doesn't fall off.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

We have been talking to them on the phone. I also read somewhere that they had new clamps to address the problem but when I talked to their service department and then to one of their "techs" and got the old "we are unaware of a problem". Of course the Service Department was unaware that they had already had to refund someone's money over this very issue. We have sent them numerous photos showing the problem. I am going to call them again tomorrow to see what they are going to do. If I knew what I know now I would not order until I saw evidence that they had corrected the problem. You shouldn't have to pay $359 for a product and then have to safety wire and zip tie it so it doesn't fall off.
I can't argue with you there.. I'm anxious to get my 500 so I can mount this windshield and see what I can come up with.. I love the concept of it but I'm concerned about the execution.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We just got off the phone with Super ATV and their engineers and they said they had been sending clamps that fit the PK1-3 and that the tubing on the roll cage of the P1K-5 is larger in diameter causing them to pop open when you tighten them down. They said they are sending us the correct clamps and that should cure the problem. I'll report back after we get them.

advertisement
J

JTW

We just got off the phone with Super ATV and their engineers and they said they had been sending clamps that fit the PK1-3 and that the tubing on the roll cage of the P1K-5 is larger in diameter causing them to pop open when you tighten them down. They said they are sending us the correct clamps and that should cure the problem. I'll report back after we get them.
Glad they're taking care of it!

Reactions: Jbird
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One lesser problem is that when you ride on rough trails with it wide open it could use a stiffener across the bottom of the upper windshield. We might be able to come up with an aluminum piece to bolt up on the other side of the opening adjuster. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get yours.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

One lesser problem is that when you ride on rough trails with it wide open it could use a stiffener across the bottom of the upper windshield. We might be able to come up with an aluminum piece to bolt up on the other side of the opening adjuster. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get yours.
I had already gathered that and was contemplating how to go about it. With the P500 I'm hoping it won't be as bad as on the wider 1000. I may try and weld an aluminum frame and convert it to a glass windshield if I have much of a problem.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I sprung for the Honda 2 piece and am satisfied with the quality. It would be nice if the slide opened farther and I am working on improving that.

Reactions: drfubar
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After seeing what seemed to be endless quality problems with the aftermarket two-piece windshields, I ordered the Honda OEM with hard coat. Pretty expensive and I'm hoping for Honda quality at $600. Picking up the machine on Wednesday...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Man ,are the honda brand windshields 600?

A little cheaper....

2930780388a1d6c00ccb120c62106724

Reactions: Manwell
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I paid full boat for mine, they sold me the P1000-5 Deluxe for $15,497 and evidently made some margin on the windshield! I will mentioned that although my real world experience with it is very minimal, it does seem sturdy and nice.