TitanTom

TitanTom

Forum Rocket Scientist
Lifetime Member
May 31, 2020
NE Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that I've started to put together and order my list of electrical accessories, it's time to pick up some switches and a switch plate. Ive been looking at the switches at OTRATTW, based on the great reviews they get here, but I'm getting a bit confused...

L Series, V series, and then Contra with multiple series of just those...trying to pick out the right ones is making my gonads ache ( poor little things), and there is scant explanation on their site to provide a distinction between them. I do get the whole 'upper/lower independent thing', but basically, I'm just looking for a recommendation from you guys on which ones I need to get.

Also, will they install directly into a 'standard' switchplate, such as one of the PBR series, or will I need to order bezels from OTRATTW as well?

My electrical accessories are starting to show up and I sit here mired in switch misery.

I know, I know, "Pics or it didn't happen", but I'm sure (with one possible exception) that nobody here wants to see a picture of my achey gonads.

Last edited:
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Look up Justin Beatty with Pioneer Switch Panels and Accessories on Facebook. His panels are cut for those switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TitanTom
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Now that I've started to put together and order my list of electrical accessories, it's time to pick up some switches and a switch plate. Ive been looking at the switches at OTRATTW, based on the great reviews they get here, but I'm getting a bit confused...

L Series, V series, and then Contra with multiple series of just those...trying to pick out the right ones is making my gonads ache ( poor little things), and there is scant explanation on their site to provide a distinction between them. I do get the whole 'upper/lower independent thing', but basically, I'm just looking for a recommendation from you guys on which ones I need to get.

Also, will they install directly into a 'standard' switchplate, such as one of the PBR series, or will I need to order bezels from OTRATTW as well?

My electrical accessories are starting to show up and I sit here mired in switch misery.

I know, I know, "Pics or it didn't happen", but I'm sure (with one possible exception) that nobody here wants to see a picture of my achey gonads.
I'm pretty sure mine are v-series 5 pin. They will fit in the pbr switch plate without anything else. My buddy ordered his switches from them and I'm not sure what they were but they only had 4 pins. They worked also.
]
20200814 130713
20200814 130418

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
V-series is what you want to go with.
Contura V, XIV, II, III, X, XI, XII are the styles of the "button". Called the "Rocker".
Most go with Contura V as shown above. The winch one is Contura II rocker style.

What you need for most accessories is a ON/OFF SPST Lower Independent.
Meaning the bottom light is independently controlled. Top comes "ON" when rocker is ON.

The one below is a good example.

TitanTom

TitanTom

Forum Rocket Scientist
Lifetime Member
May 31, 2020
NE Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
V-series is what you want to go with.
Contura V, XIV, II, III, X, XI, XII are the styles of the "button". Called the "Rocker".
Most go with Contura V as shown above. The winch one is Contura II rocker style.

What you need for most accessories is a ON/OFF SPST Lower Independent.
Meaning the bottom light is independently controlled. Top comes "ON" when rocker is ON.

The one below is a good example.

That's EXACTLY the answer I needed. Thanks so much, all three of y'all, for responding so quickly!

This website frigging ROCKS!

C

cc4600

Jul 16, 2020
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got V series switches and installed them last weekend in panel I got from Mystic1219 on this site. They worked great in my new 2020 P700! And yes this site does rock that is why I have this panel!
Didn’t use the switch holder at top of order when I got the Mystic panel. You can’t see it in pic but there is a RAM mount top right of panel holding the GPS.

907C0224 3FFE 434E 9D26 D6469C1FFF17
E7F34A56 A9C6 4D0B A89F B7F731AA3144

Last edited: