P1000 Need Help - Not running right after towing in rain storm

R

roadking92

Sep 20, 2019
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was back east last month and took the P1000. Used it to get to stand, haul deer, and a quick trip to an offroad park while we were there. Worked perfect the whole time. On our way back home we ran into rain for the better part of a day on an open trailer.
When we got home it started fine, took it off the trailer and left it running to unhook the trailer while i was doing that it stalled. I had a real hard time getting it started after that. Struggled to get it in the garage and it was really not running worth crap.
After some reading, I am assuming i got water in the gas tank from the vent lines. (No, I am stupid and didn’t extend them yet). I jacked up the driver side and used a pump to pump out all the fuel. I added a bottle of Heet and refilled the tank. I got it running and it is definitely better, but if I try to run it down the road it wants to stall if I try to run it hard, or put more load on it. If I start it and leave it idle in the garage until it warms up, I can for the most part rev it up with out it bogging or shutting off. It will at times shut off if I rev it and let it fall back to idle before it is fully warmed up.
I am not getting any codes when it shuts down, just dies and will restart somewhat easily most times.
Before I drain another 8+ gals of fuel again, is there anything else that could be the culprit here, or is it just likely still some water in there giving me issues?
I did change the sub trans fluid as well and will do that one more time just to be safe as well.
Thanks for you your help.

Reactions: TxDoc