P1000 Multiple Winch Switches?

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m getting ready to install dual battery and wire up a few accessories. I haven’t purchased a switch plate yet, however many of them that come with labeled switches have a winch rocker. My machine came with a winch and has a remote switch that plugs into a spot in the glove box. I want to keep that switch but there’s times it’d be handy just to hit a rocker rather than untangle the remote cord and/or blindly try to orient the plug from the drivers seat to get it plugged in.

Anyone have two switches on their winch?

Reactions: TripleB
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m getting ready to install dual battery and wire up a few accessories. I haven’t purchased a switch plate yet, however many of them that come with labeled switches have a winch rocker. My machine came with a winch and has a remote switch that plugs into a spot in the glove box. I want to keep that switch but there’s times it’d be handy just to hit a rocker rather than untangle the remote cord and/or blindly try to orient the plug from the drivers seat to get it plugged in.

I wired my plug in remote and my dash mounted switch together and then connected them both direct to the winch solenoid. The power for both switches comes from a pig tail off my 12v accessory plug so the winch only works with the key on. I can use the remote, the dash switch or both.

Reactions: TripleB and Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

I have a rocker and the port for the wired remote

IMG 20200703 150326

Reactions: Smitty335
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

No problem to add in the rocker switch. Warn makes a wireless remote option that is pretty much worth its weight in gold. Definitely worth looking into. I use it the majority of the time.

Reactions: TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a wired handheld remote that plugs into a dash socket that came with my Warn and a wireless remote that Cuoutdoors mentioned. I can operate from it's mount, or remove it and either steer and winch, or get out and control the winch.

I have the same setup on my trailer to help load anything by myself.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m running a harbor freight badlands winch that came with both. I replaced the switch that came with it with the rocker switch from the hondasxsclub store and just piggybacked the weird remote control rt into the connections the switch from the store provided. Clean and ez I’m pretty sure it will work with others.