sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
ok all looking for a set of mud flares seeing as i only come up with 2 options either mudbusters or rokblokz. what is everyone's thoughts on rokbloz i really like there true bolt on design not push pins and is there anyone that has a discount code for them
thanks

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I just ordered rock blockz for my X. Should be here tomorrow.

I have mud busters on my P500. No complains with them either

I don’t think you could go wrong with either from what I’ve read.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R

Would love to know what the width would be total once one machine

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Please share your thoughts on the Rockblokz, after some use.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Rokblokz in and installed only had one issue and that was with one bolt on rear that goes into blind nut in flap is to long and raised oem flair up so took it out cut 1/4in off rethreaded end and put it back in no gap only at front where there design leads there to be all in all I'm impressed

20210322 181349 20210322 185733 20210322 191316

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Got Rokblokz on my X4 last night. Installation wasn't too bad. Had to watch the video for some clarification. Probably would have been easier just to watch video instead of following written directions. I'll test them out this weekend at Wildcat.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Got Rokblokz on my X4 last night. Installation wasn't too bad. Had to watch the video for some clarification. Probably would have been easier just to watch video instead of following written directions. I'll test them out this weekend at Wildcat.
Did you take pictures by chance??

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like my Rokblokz, excellent CAD fit-up and the install video made the project fairly easy. I'd like to find a way to stop the front tires from flinging sh!t up though - although I'm sure that's a problem with almost all SxSs.

With Rokblokz - :oops:

This photo shows how well they keep the 'stuff' out of the open door area although I do get a little splatter on the passenger seat. Door lowers prevented that but the Talon has too much cab heat with the radiator up front so I won't be installing them on this one.

advertisement
D

DMack762

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
I ordered the MudBuster XL kit for my Talon R... did not know about RockBlokz. What is the main difference between the two? Seems that these are the two most popular kits... just curious.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
To my best knowledge I have yet to install mudbusters just seen a few on trails they mostly go together with push clips and seem flimsy to me,
The rokblokz only us 3 push clips front and rear the rest is bolts and brackets plus a 2 piece design front and rear so if by chance one part gets damaged you can get just that piece not the hole flair

Reactions: DMack762
T

tfowler84

Feb 16, 2021
atlanta
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you ride in muddy areas then Rokblokz are hands down one of the best investments. Makes riding more enjoyable and clean up much quicker.

Reactions: sspeederr
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I ordered the MudBuster XL kit for my Talon R... did not know about RockBlokz. What is the main difference between the two? Seems that these are the two most popular kits... just curious.
I'm new to this hobby and had never seen either of them. Lil_Steve went with RB and I followed his lead. I think it's simply a Ford/Chevy choice.

D

DMack762

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you ride in muddy areas then Rokblokz are hands down one of the best investments. Makes riding more enjoyable and clean up much quicker.
What makes RokBlokz better than MudBusters in a muddy environment? I'm in SC... we have the clay based peanut butter mud here... and my Talon is a Mud Magnet. I bought the MudBusters XL kit... didn't even know about RokBlokz... I went with the one with "Mud" in the name, since that is what I was after... blocking Mud. I'm installing them tonight... riding Saturday... so, we shall see.
To my best knowledge I have yet to install mudbusters just seen a few on trails they mostly go together with push clips and seem flimsy to me,
The rokblokz only us 3 push clips front and rear the rest is bolts and brackets plus a 2 piece design front and rear so if by chance one part gets damaged you can get just that piece not the hole flair
My kit is the XL... larger flares. The front are installed with push pins, a ton of them. The rear is a mixture of push pins, brackets and bolts... I didn't know about RB... so we shall see how these do for me.

Reactions: CID
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
What makes RokBlokz better than MudBusters in a muddy environment? I'm in SC... we have the clay based peanut butter mud here... and my Talon is a Mud Magnet. I bought the MudBusters XL kit... didn't even know about RokBlokz... I went with the one with "Mud" in the name, since that is what I was after... blocking Mud. I'm installing them tonight... riding Saturday... so, we shall see.

My kit is the XL... larger flares. The front are installed with push pins, a ton of them. The rear is a mixture of push pins, brackets and bolts... I didn't know about RB... so we shall see how these do for me.
I see just about everytime I ride someone in woods trying to zip tie mudbusters back on somehow I have even handed out a few bags a tie to help out travelers.
Just keep a check on you push pins you should be fine if not I have seen at lowes plastic screw incerts if it were me I would grab a handful some screws and large washers to replace clips with as needed.
Just like @CID said it's all personal preference

Reactions: CID and DMack762
D

DMack762

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
I see just about everytime I ride someone in woods trying to zip tie mudbusters back on somehow I have even handed out a few bags a tie to help out travelers.
Just keep a check on you push pins you should be fine if not I have seen at lowes plastic screw incerts if it were me I would grab a handful some screws and large washers to replace clips with as needed.
Just like @CID said it's all personal preference
VERY good input.

I should have done more research before I bought... however, I have them now, so I will see how they stand up. I like the idea of the replacing the push pins... I carry extra with me, just in case. I have seen the flares installed on many side by sides where we ride, just never paid attention to what brand they were. Thanks for the input, it's appreciated.

Reactions: CID and sspeederr
J

Joe_none

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
NC
I can't tell from any of the pictures I have seen - do the Rokblokz cover the gap at the rear bottom wheel well where mud is supposed to get into the compartment to the passengers? Or do you still need the regular mudbusters to block that area?

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can't tell from any of the pictures I have seen - do the Rokblokz cover the gap at the rear bottom wheel well where mud is supposed to get into the compartment to the passengers? Or do you still need the regular mudbusters to block that area?

The Rokblokz fender flares do not cover the gap at the rear wheel well area. Here's a pic from their site.

A Talon Black w Grey fender extensions 3 1024x1024

You'll need to get the Mud-Busters rear mud guards separately or perhaps make your own.

Reactions: stellarpod and CID
J

Joe_none

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
NC
Thanks, I did see that on their site just wanted to confirm if I was missing seeing something and it wasn't apparent.

advertisement