P1000 mud everywhere mud busters?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Mine is a p1k-5 and the rear only is what I got.

Waylan
I got the ones for the front also not cause I think I needed them although they will help a little but because how it looks matches the back etc

B

bigbuggy

Feb 27, 2016
Back Bay, New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking of making a set of these. What is the thickness of the HDPE ? The 0.060" seems kinda thin.

I can't remember if this is the same one one I ordered but a quick search on Amazon pulled this up.

2403310228d18d6a3dd9298b0efb9846

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thinking of making a set of these. What is the thickness of the HDPE ? The 0.060" seems kinda thin.

I put a disclaimer in there saying that that may not be the same one but it's pretty close to what I bought. You can do a quick search on Amazon or many other places and by the thickness that you prefer.

I just looked back at my order and I bought 1/8". It works good.

B

bigbuggy

Feb 27, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put a disclaimer in there saying that that may not be the same one but it's pretty close to what I bought. You can do a quick search on Amazon or many other places and by the thickness that you prefer.

I just looked back at my order and I bought 1/8". It works good.

I was also thinking 1/8" . Thanks.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I just put my rear mud busters on and boy did they rub when opening and closing the door!! I was pist thinking I was going to have to take them off but closed the doors and put a little heat from heat gun and now they are doing much better I think they are going to be just fine!!! scared me at first!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Im going to do the front now and ask me later how I like them.

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I just put my rear mud busters on and boy did they rub when opening and closing the door!! I was pist thinking I was going to have to take them off but closed the doors and put a little heat from heat gun and now they are doing much better I think they are going to be just fine!!! scared me at first!
Dale so it was rubbing on the rear doors? Can you post a pic of where it was rubbing as I'm looking to buy a set of these and want to know what I have to deal with.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Dale so it was rubbing on the rear doors? Can you post a pic of where it was rubbing as I'm looking to buy a set of these and want to know what I have to deal with.
Ill see If I can get a pic. Im real picky when it comes to everything so let me get them all installed and remind me to give u an update and Ill give u an overall review and my thoughts etc

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine rubbed bad at first too on the bottoms of the doors. Didn't bother me and now after several miles everything is more relaxed and the rubbing is less stiff (less friction). Not a big deal to me but I can see where it might bother some. Overall I like them and recommend them highly.

Waylan

B

bigbuggy

Feb 27, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Decided to buy a set of these. They really work well to keep the mud out of the rear passenger area, but I think they'll need the extension like joeymt33 added.

advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I got a set but haven't put them on yet. I'm glad to hear it is keeping the mud out of the passenger area.
they were rubbing real bad at the rear doors. I called them they said it will stop rubbing so bad as soon as its in the hot sun. So I set a heater under the wheel well and sure enough good to go did that on both sides all good

Last edited:
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Anybody tear a set of these off yet? Just wondering how they hold up if you get in a rut and rub the sides for a bit.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They have been holding up fine for me - no ruts rubbing them though, just light brushing up against trees/brush. I am careful though, so I don't know that I have been testing how easily they will/won't tear off. The material is tough and the mounting is solid so I am thinking some other stuff would get damaged with the amount of force it would take to tear these off.

Waylan

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
They have been holding up fine for me - no ruts rubbing them though, just light brushing up against trees/brush. I am careful though, so I don't know that I have been testing how easily they will/won't tear off. The material is tough and the mounting is solid so I am thinking some other stuff would get damaged with the amount of force it would take to tear these off.

Waylan
I agree if they get tore off there will be other damage