P500 Meltdown.....

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
Quick question. I have a little over 200 miles now but when the p500 gets hot it smells like burning plastic from the rear? Not sure if I noticed it before the new wheels and tires or not but nothing rubs so I dont think that has anything to do to it. I did deactivate the reverse lever but I cant see that doing anything.

Does anyone else have the same thing?

J

Jshell3

Yep. 600 miles and mine still has the new car smell. In the rear. As you described. Not really plastic. But more of a hot smell.

Reactions: Duckiller
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's probably coming from the muffler. Every New machine or New exhaust has that smell. As long as there's no smoke I think you're ok

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If the smell goes away, you can bring it back by touching a plastic shopping bag to the muffler immediately after turning the machine off. Works great to bring back that new utv/burning plastic smell for a while....

J

JTW

If the smell goes away, you can bring it back by touching a plastic shopping bag to the muffler immediately after turning the machine off. Works great to bring back that new utv/burning plastic smell for a while....
Bhahaha