Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mid Rise Lift  938841560209914 1280x764

I have a bendpak MD-6XP mid rise lift. Weight capacity is more than enough for the 1000-5 I have. What I am wondering is what are the best locations for lift points to put the arms on the lift. I have a 2020 1000-5 for reference. The lift does fit between the tires. Just barely, but does fit. In case anyone would like to know. Same lift points for a two post lift would work as well. If you can include pics of locations that would be helpful. Thank yall and hope this helps others as well.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have an aftermarket skid plate? I have the SuperATV Skid and I put my lift points anywhere near a frame rail and the skid just holds and lifts it up.

If you have the OE skid I would recommend lifting directly on the frame

Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have an aftermarket skid plate? I have the SuperATV Skid and I put my lift points anywhere near a frame rail and the skid just holds and lifts it up.

If you have the OE skid I would recommend lifting directly on the frame
I have the OE alluminum skid plate. If that makes a difference, and aftermarket skids that protect the floor board.

Reactions: ChadD
Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: ChadD
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
View attachment 443671
I have a bendpak MD-6XP mid rise lift. Weight capacity is more than enough for the 1000-5 I have. What I am wondering is what are the best locations for lift points to put the arms on the lift. I have a 2020 1000-5 for reference. The lift does fit between the tires. Just barely, but does fit. In case anyone would like to know. Same lift points for a two post lift would work as well. If you can include pics of locations that would be helpful. Thank yall and hope this helps others as well.
If it’s anything like mine you want to drive your P1k5 across it sideways and don’t use the arms at all and pick it up on its belly.

I don’t have pictures of mine, but the rear a-arms don’t quite clear enough width of the lift frame itself and the rear rims will bind up on the lift such you can’t get one of the tires back on because the frame is too wide. I screwed up one of my studs because of this on my lift. I now drive the buggy across the lift side ways and it works perfectly. Also way easier to change oil this way too…especially filter replacement.

Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it’s anything like mine you want to drive your P1k5 across it sideways and don’t use the arms at all and pick it up on its belly.

I don’t have pictures of mine, but the rear a-arms don’t quite clear enough width of the lift frame itself and the rear rims will bind up on the lift such you can’t get one of the tires back on because the frame is too wide. I screwed up one of my studs because of this on my lift. I now drive the buggy across the lift side ways and it works perfectly. Also way easier to change oil this way too…especially filter replacement.
Good thought. I know I'm going to be installing rb3 wide track spacers. Think this will help out with that?

advertisement
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Good thought. I know I'm going to be installing rb3 wide track spacers. Think this will help out with that?
Maybe, but seriously it’s working better on the sideways approach, just make sure the engine is far forward as possible.

The width of the lift is such that on my stock rig with the full Trail Armor skid and A-arm guards, the rear tires are right up against the lift frame on both sides. It’s not an issue unless you’re taking the tires off for any reason. With spacers it’s probably ok.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Ok gotta know where did you get the rubber / hdpe mats under the lifts. That would help with oil and protecting concrete
I can't tell you the brand..............but I can tell you............NOPE, don't do it! They fall apart all the time. Total pain in the butt. Definitely there just for looks.

I can find out on Monday if you want to know the brand.

But.......................not worth the hassle in my opinion. You're not supposed to screw them down, but if you don't they fall apart all the time. Hell, they fall apart when they are screwed down!

advertisement