Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
The store I work at just got 60 set of these in when normally they have about 15 set. Tells me they are about to go on sale soon. They list for $199 but the sale price in the past has been $99. I'd say this would be a good thing to have for the Honda. I'm picking one up so I can help @Tigermark the next time he bends a tie rod.;)
Shop Kobalt 227-Piece Standard (SAE) and Metric Mechanic's Tool Set with Hard Case at Lowes.com
Good thinking! I need all the help I can get:rolleyes:

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The store I work at just got 60 set of these in when normally they have about 15 set. Tells me they are about to go on sale soon. They list for $199 but the sale price in the past has been $99. I'd say this would be a good thing to have for the Honda. I'm picking one up so I can help @Tigermark the next time he bends a tie rod.;)
Shop Kobalt 227-Piece Standard (SAE) and Metric Mechanic's Tool Set with Hard Case at Lowes.com
They must be getting ready for Christmas season, seems like it gets earlier every year. Lol

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've always liked Kobalt stuff. My favorite and most used ratchet is the long flex-head they sell...my second one, the 1st replaced free of charge after years of abuse.

Also really liked the big stainless 2-tier tool box with the radio they used to sell, but I haven't see that one in a while.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've always liked Kobalt stuff. My favorite and most used ratchet is the long flex-head they sell...my second one, the 1st replaced free of charge after years of abuse.

Also really liked the big stainless 2-tier tool box with the radio they used to sell, but I haven't see that one in a while.

I’ve got that box minus the radio. Don’t think they offer the radio anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve got that box minus the radio. Don’t think they offer the radio anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen one in a while, even without the radio...not that I've been looking all that hard. Husky...aka Home Depot, has some good deals as far as boxes of that size, but they don't seem nearly was well constructed.

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

I got one of the last ones they had on display where I lived in IL, they advertised it 50% off top n bottom for like $989, I pointed out the radio door was wonky and a small dent in side of roll around cabinet. Manager said if I want it as is he would take another 20%off.

I agreed, ended up paying $799 for the set that listed for about $1849. Dang thing is over 800 lbs empty. Radio door only needed a circlip to fix it.

advertisement
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Went to our local Lowe's today, and they aren't on sale here yet.

Oh man, I forgot Lowe's sets different prices in different regions... checked the Conway, AR store and they're not on sale there either. When we were building our house in AR, I'd price stuff at the local OKC Lowe's and most of the time it'd be more expensive at the Conway store.

As much as I'd rather not be working in OKC, guess it has it's little bonuses, lol.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got one of the last ones they had on display where I lived in IL, they advertised it 50% off top n bottom for like $989, I pointed out the radio door was wonky and a small dent in side of roll around cabinet. Manager said if I want it as is he would take another 20%off.

I agreed, ended up paying $799 for the set that listed for about $1849. Dang thing is over 800 lbs empty. Radio door only needed a circlip to fix it.
Sweet!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
20171102 0845501

Reactions: Landman and sharp