P1000 Low speed coilovers

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Elka, WE, or Fox???
Specifically, which is best for low speed crawling? Looking for the best low speed coilover option that has a soft setting to soak up the rocks below 5mph.
If Elka, it would be stage 2. Not spending stage 5 money.
Do not want to buy shocks then have the same rough ride at low speed as I'm not wanting to hit whoops at 45mph (I know they all improve this aspect) as much as low speed crawl (although that will be a great benefit to my purchase).

Reactions: Yankee and pct
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Elka, WE, or Fox???
Specifically, which is best for low speed crawling? Looking for the best low speed coilover option that has a soft setting to soak up the rocks below 5mph.
If Elka, it would be stage 2. Not spending stage 5 money.
Do not want to buy shocks then have the same rough ride at low speed as I'm not wanting to hit whoops at 45mph (I know they all improve this aspect) as much as low speed crawl (although that will be a great benefit to my purchase).
With my Stage 5's the harsh bottoming out is gone and I like the adjustable rebound, get shock extended back out quicker for next impact. If the WE or Fox's have the rebound adjustment on there entry level shocks, that's the way I would go.

Reactions: pct

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With my Stage 5's the harsh bottoming out is gone and I like the adjustable rebound, get shock extended back out quicker for next impact. If the WE or Fox's have the rebound adjustment on there entry level shocks, that's the way I would go.
I get that, I'm not worried about the harsh bottoming out as I stated above I am specifically concerned with low speed, technical rock crawling. Please provide feedback on how yours do at low speed technical?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any adjustable shock is going to give you the adjustment for less spring preload and adjustable damping. With the rear sway bar removed and less spring preload you'll notice quicker articulation and quicker response to bumps on all 4 corners. I always felt the rear was slow to respond to bumps as if it were over sprung and the front was under sprung and easy to bottom out. I've resolved both issues with Fox Shocks and I'm a lot happier at low and high speeds

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I get that, I'm not worried about the harsh bottoming out as I stated above I am specifically concerned with low speed, technical rock crawling. Please provide feedback on how yours do at low speed technical?
The reason the stockers are so rough, they bottom out all the time, slow, fast and wham! Just get some shocks and you will be a happy camper! I researched the WE and Foxes. The Fox has a 1.5 inch shock body and the WE have a 2.0 shock body, I like the extra volume of oil in the 2 inchers. You can't go wrong with replacing, either way.