P1000 Loving my P1K-5

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Leaving for two weeks in the mountains of Colorado with our P1k5 on Monday. Can't wait to get there. Still no sign of clutch problems. Don't anticipate much problem with the heat this thing generates up there where it's cool. Still haven't installed a blower yet under the seat. That and some type of snorkle will have to wait. Won't be doing any high speed water crossing or submarine races till thats done. The transmission is still a little clunky but is getting better. Would like to change the differential fluids to 75/140 synthetic to get rid of the whine but all in all this thing rocks and when you get on it it's like a crotch rocket on 4 wheels.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Leaving for two weeks in the mountains of Colorado with our P1k5 on Monday. Can't wait to get there. Still no sign of clutch problems. Don't anticipate much problem with the heat this thing generates up there where it's cool. Still haven't installed a blower yet under the seat. That and some type of snorkle will have to wait. Won't be doing any high speed water crossing or submarine races till thats done. The transmission is still a little clunky but is getting better. Would like to change the differential fluids to 75/140 synthetic to get rid of the whine but all in all this thing rocks and when you get on it it's like a crotch rocket on 4 wheels.
Have a great time! I'm still waiting to find a trail where I can really wind her out. I don't think I've been above 35... lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd give up an arm to get to ride in AK. It's on my bucket list lol

Reactions: Jbird and AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Petersville. Want to go?
I've never been out there but would love to go. I'm heading up to the Denali Hwy this weekend for caribou, and maybe a moose if I can find a legal one. When were you planning on going?

Reactions: dotman1
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never been out there but would love to go. I'm heading up to the Denali Hwy this weekend for caribou, and maybe a moose if I can find a legal one. When were you planning on going?

I can't go next week. I'll be back on the slope. But we can look into it after that. It's all good road and you can run hard. I'll be back about next Wednesday.

I've been from Deadhorse to cold foot and back to 1/2 way to cold foot since Sunday and not seen anything but musk ox. No caribou or moose. Same last week at eureka. Unreal this year. Animals are readying themselves for a hard winter. Good luck on the Denali. PM me after you get back and we can talk about when to go.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't go next week. I'll be back on the slope. But we can look into it after that. It's all good road and you can run hard. I'll be back about next Wednesday.

I've been from Deadhorse to cold foot and back to 1/2 way to cold foot since Sunday and not seen anything but musk ox. No caribou or moose. Same last week at eureka. Unreal this year. Animals are readying themselves for a hard winter. Good luck on the Denali. PM me after you get back and we can talk about when to go.
Sounds good.