P1000 Lots of snow and now sand/grit/deicer

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've washed my 1000-5 twice since ownership which was in August of 2021 so mostly light dirt. Well we recently went through a week or so of 5 or 6 inches of snow which was plowed and sanded and salted etc. So what I'm wondering about is taking up to the car wash and hitting it with a pressure washer mostly on the under side and wheel wells etc. Any cautions and or suggestions on doing this? Tx's boOkerT

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don't even wash mine through the winter. Gets a detailed clean every spring and a pressure wash the rest of the year. If you do it though I'd suggest a good drying off afterward depending on temps.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sand, no issue. Salt? In the presence of humidity/moisture, promotes galvanic corrosion between dissimilar metals. Corrosion can be very rapid as the combination behaves like a battery to create current flow across the bond. Bad juju. Wash salt off asap.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here in Vermont the road crews use a lot of salt on the roads so when I go to plow the neighbors and my mothers driveways, I drive across the fields and not down the road but even doing that, I still get salt from what the road crews plows throw into the driveways. One year I didn't wash off my Pioneer for 2 months or so as it was just so cold but when I did, I was shocked to see the rust on the frame. So while I have to wait for temps to get above freezing, I wash my rig as soon as I can EVERY time.