P1000 Lots of Opportunities to ride in AR

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Loaded up another couple in the back seats today and went for a ride on the National Forest roads near Opal/Oden Arkansas (about three miles from our cabin). The P1K-5 performed flawlessly. Came back jumped in their truck and went to visit the Oden and Womble Ranger Stations. Picked up some great maps and great info about where we can ride in the forest and got the low down on a big prospective riding area that is near here. It is called the Fourthe Mountain Trail. The Ranger says there are over 60 miles of ATV trails and some beautiful country. He says it actually has more trails than Wolf Pen Gap and is less crowded. Can't wait to pick up my trailer, get my initial service complete, and hit the trails.

Image Image

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Loaded up another couple in the back seats today and went for a ride on the National Forest roads near Opal/Oden Arkansas (about three miles from our cabin). The P1K-5 performed flawlessly. Came back jumped in their truck and went to visit the Oden and Womble Ranger Stations. Picked up some great maps and great info about where we can ride in the forest and got the low down on a big prospective riding area that is near here. It is called the Fourthe Mountain Trail. The Ranger says there are over 60 miles of ATV trails and some beautiful country. He says it actually has more trails than Wolf Pen Gap and is less crowded. Can't wait to pick up my trailer, get my initial service complete, and hit the trails.

View attachment 17199 View attachment 17200
That looks like the perfect swimming hole!

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks like the perfect swimming hole!
It is. About 2 miles from our cabin. It is called Kate's Creek and we all swim there. The girls and my buddy got in the water today. I pussed out. It's cold!

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
we briefly rode fourche mountain trail back in april and it was very nice, Not marked as well as the wolf pen gap but much prettier scenery , is Oden part of the wolf pen gap trail??

M

MackyD

Apr 3, 2016
S.W Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live about an hour from there and have never ridden that. I would like to do that whenever it gets below 90 again. This heat is a killer right now.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live about an hour from there and have never ridden that. I would like to do that whenever it gets below 90 again. This heat is a killer right now.
You are right about the heat. Maybe we can get some of these AR Pioneer owners to meet up there for a ride soon.

Reactions: nbomar
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
we briefly rode fourche mountain trail back in april and it was very nice, Not marked as well as the wolf pen gap but much prettier scenery , is Oden part of the wolf pen gap trail??
I don't think so. The closest town to Wolf Pen Gap is Board Camp. It would be split between the Womble and Mena Ranger districts.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can go to www.riderplanet-USA.com and pull up maps and info for places to ride all over the country. To find Wolf Pen Gap and Fourche Mountain Trail, click on Arkansas on the big map then page down through the different areas. Great resource.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
Braleyoutdoors

Braleyoutdoors

May 31, 2016
Fannin County Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are in the process of planning a trip to Mena at the end of July. I'll watch this thread for any local tips!

Reactions: Jbird
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to get over there as well. I've done Mill Creek and Buckhorn, but not Mack's Pines or Fourche Mountain. I don't have any intention on going to Wolf Pen because I hear its basically all dirt roads.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 17199 View attachment 17200
Beautiful pics jbird! Really nice area that water looks drinkable

Reactions: Jbird
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited: