P700 LOST MY KEYS

V

VADER

Feb 10, 2016
knox,ky
GUYS I HAVE MISPLACED THE KEYS TO MY PIONEER...I FORGOT TO WRITE THE KEY CODE DOWN...IS THEIR ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO FIGURE IT OUT OR GET A NEW KEY WITHOUT REPLACING THE KEY SWITCH?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
GUYS I HAVE MISPLACED THE KEYS TO MY PIONEER...I FORGOT TO WRITE THE KEY CODE DOWN...IS THEIR ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO FIGURE IT OUT OR GET A NEW KEY WITHOUT REPLACING THE KEY SWITCH?

I think the dealer can get the key with the VIN#

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think if you look at your owner's manual it has a diagram showing where the VIN, Engine Number and Key Number are stamped on the frame.

OK, my mistake. I looked at the book and it has VIN, Engine and Color but you can get the key number with the VIN if you call Honda or check with a dealer. They should be able to get it. They are going to need some proof of ownership I would guess before they give you the key number.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
H

HondaTech

Key number should be on the side of the ignition switch. 6 or 7 digit number, key cutter will need last 3 digits. Should be a letter then 2 numbers. A/B/C/D and 00-99. dealers cannot get key codes with VINS, unless the dealer you bought it from records it down on their major unit inventory like we do.

Reactions: Tflynn