Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
OK, new unit sitting in the garage.. Been surfing what seems like days looking at what should I add/do to my new ride. Wanting to keep it down and simple I need to list of my Wants vs. Needs.. Also looking for recommendations of tried and true products..

Thank you in advance..

Reactions: BWAF
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Welcome to the addiction from a fellow Texan.
What's your going to be is normal usage?
A winch is a very useful item.

Texas-Hunter

Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome to the addiction from a fellow Texan.
What's your going to be is normal usage?
A winch is a very useful item.

For the most part maintaining the 640 acres where we hunt North of Fort Hood, and looking to take it to some of the UTV friendly places the state and private owned parks offer.. Not sure yet is of out of state is in my sites yet..

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
OK, new unit sitting in the garage.. Been surfing what seems like days looking at what should I add/do to my new ride. Wanting to keep it down and simple I need to list of my Wants vs. Needs.. Also looking for recommendations of tried and true products..

Thank you in advance..
Welcome! Winch and real skid plate!

gch1911

gch1911

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 700-2
if you ride with a lot of dust , I would suggest a snorkel, especially if you install a rear panel.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
For the most part maintaining the 640 acres where we hunt North of Fort Hood, and looking to take it to some of the UTV friendly places the state and private owned parks offer.. Not sure yet is of out of state is in my sites yet..
There is a few of us from the San Antonio area, we frequently go to HiddenFalls adventure park in Marble Falls.
Not to rocky in FtHood area, so a flip windshield, winch and a solid roof would be on top of my list.

Reactions: lee and BWAF
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Central Arkansas...
Texas, dusty, I would add a snorkel...the stock intake is low and takes in a lot of dust kicked up from the tires. I was surprised how much dust... I did a snorkel on mine and the air box stays very clean.

Texas-Hunter

Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Central Arkansas...
Texas, dusty, I would add a snorkel...the stock intake is low and takes in a lot of dust kicked up from the tires. I was surprised how much dust... I did a snorkel on mine and the air box stays very clean.

Thank you for the input and I can understand that, just was curious why it would be a bigger issue with a rear panel. I am assuming the back of the cab blocked off.. Please forgive my ignorance for not knowing all the acronyms and SXS lingo of the site.. I am working on that..

Reactions: Sheepdog and BWAF
advertisement
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMG 0607
I don't have a rear panel, but I do know that a rear panel does something with the air flow and it "swirls" back into the cab with a rear panel.As I say, I don't have a rear panel, but I do know that the tires kick up a lot of dust and gets sucked into the stock intake a little worse than you would want it to...My snorkel solved that problem for me..

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
gch1911

gch1911

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you for the input and I can understand that, just was curious why it would be a bigger issue with a rear panel. I am assuming the back of the cab blocked off.. Please forgive my ignorance for not knowing all the acronyms and SXS lingo of the site.. I am working on that..
We have a canvas rear panel that we had on in September riding the Medicine Bow Forest and rode 250 miles. The filter was completely covered with dirt. I was surprised it would still run. And from what I read on this forum a snorkel helps with this and I have one ordered on its way! When I have problems the members of this forum are very helpful. (Also, there is a very good oil change guide on here.)

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I have problems the members of this forum are very helpful. (Also, there is a very good oil change guide on here.)

One of the best places to hang out is right here. Forum owner is a diehard rider as well. Not someone interested in a quick buck. We can get out of hand with silly posts. We are all enthusiasts first. And no one wants to see your heard earned $$ go to a dealership instead of more mods!

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
my first mods are always tires, the ones on it are probably the best stock ones ive had, I got some wood in the rain and leaves but way to short for logs and ruts I'm sure it will be a problem in the snow and mud in the spring

Texas-Hunter

Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 92084 I don't have a rear panel, but I do know that a rear panel does something with the air flow and it "swirls" back into the cab with a rear panel.As I say, I don't have a rear panel, but I do know that the tires kick up a lot of dust and gets sucked into the stock intake a little worse than you would want it to...My snorkel solved that problem for me..

So, this is a huge engineering error or a brilliant marking strategy making it where most folks have to buy new air filters more often..

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
So, this is a huge engineering error or a brilliant marking strategy making it where most folks have to buy new air filters more often..

The air filter is a washable foam element. I wash mine out in gasoline, shake and sqeeze it until it's dry, then pour some motor oil on it and work it in with my hands. The oil aids in catching any dirt particles so you want to cover the entire filter, it doesn't have to be dripping oil off of it, just damp with oil. You can buy filter oil in spray cans at any auto parts store. I just use bottled oil because I've always got it on hand in my shop.

Last edited:
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
My mods on my 2014 are...
1/2 windshield
EMP aluminum top
wheels and tires
winch
rear view mirror
a tablet mount that I never use because I never really go anywhere that needs gps
I built myself a heavy duty tailgate to replace the blow molded one
And of course, my upgraded tailgate cables listed below to level that thing flat and keep your beer from tipping.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Great advice above and would add some working lights on the back roll bar facing backwards, so you can load things in the dark more easily....

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
you can also use mineral spirits to clean the oem filter, but both are pretty rough on the hands and lungs. i always have mud and pollen on it so wash it every couple months. normally get a twin air filter, they filter as much as stock and no toil aerosol oil and cleaner, pretty cheap stuff because it lasts forever for the kit is like 15-20 bucks and that stuff falls off in the cleaner and some warm water

advertisement