P700 Looking For Brake Pads Replacement

H

heavenadams

Dec 14, 2018
Fort Pierce,FL
Ownership

1. Big Red
I own 2014 Honda Pioneer 700 SXS700M4 and noticed my stock rear brake pads are worn to about 1/16" thick.So I am going to replace them.
Just wondering what kind of brake pads is preferred on this forum,whether it be semi metallic,kevlar or sintered ? Also brand recommendations ? OEM brake pads,EBC,Foreverun Motor or more ?
I want something that has very good stopping power and doesn't leave a lot of brake dust to clean up.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
My OEM seem pretty good, but you can't go wrong with EBC's either...
I will go OEM WHEN I replace...

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you want an inexpensive set of organic pads, try D2MOTO.com. My original set lasted 600 miles. I have 250 miles on this set and still well over half life left. Honda wanted $70 per side! D2MOTO pads were about $10 per side. They work good. No fading at all. Stops just like the originals. The majority of my riding is mud.

Reactions: swsebek
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I go through more brake pads than anyone it seems... the best I have found are Volars from d2 Moto and Race driven pads... I swapped to sintered pads on front to see how long they last... don’t have many miles on them yet.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also the race driven front comes with new backing plates, and the rears have new backing plates and the noise and heat reducing shims just like oem. The race driven pads are just nicer, but double the price of volars.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
LOL I have close to 3000 miles on my original pads. The wear indicator on the drivers side has been squealing at me all this fall so I figured it was time to check them. Sure enough mine were down to about 1/16" also, Iv'e been watching the rears,they are getting close but will need to be changed soon. I had check the prices online for honda replacements and I dam near puked when I saw what they wanted for the fronts pads, reallly honda $60 for stock pads, I can put top of the line pads on my truck (both sides even) for less money. Came on here and did a quick search and found this thread, I'm going to order some race driven pads and give them a try, thanks to everyone for providing you inputs.

Reactions: William