P1000 Looking for an easy ground wire location on 2nd battery on 2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Forest

P

pfink

Aug 21, 2021
idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does anyone know where I can locate an easy ground location for the second battery. The wench solenoid has a location but I can't get the cover back on then. I'm just installing dual batteries currently, other stuff will be down the road.
Can I use the solenoid plate as a ground location? Thanks!

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
H

HondaTech

Does anyone know where I can locate an easy ground location for the second battery. The wench solenoid has a location but I can't get the cover back on then. I'm just installing dual batteries currently, other stuff will be down the road.
The Winch solenoid plate?

Its not grounded, mounted on the plastic fender.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A picture would be helpful. If you aren't making up your own cables, then also the length/reach of the ground cable you'd like to use. Note that you can use the same ground point the main battery uses, or you can use the negative terminal of that battery. As far as frame grounds go, the two front most bolts, near each end of the tool kit, under the hood are ground - though I didn't use those, I used the neg terminal of the main.
20211009 212022

Reactions: Robobrainiac
kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I drilled into the frame (removed all paint) and added my second battery ground in this location. After bolting the ground wire in I did cover the connection with dielectric grease.

Can’t really see in the pic but there is a brace I used behind the green corner.

Not saying it’s the right location but not had any trouble with anything at this point that is running from the second battery. All tests seem good as well.

975CD6A0 53CC 421A BF2E F512F6B2B54A

P

pfink

Aug 21, 2021
idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the solutions. I'm looking at that frame location or using the negative terminal on the first battery.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I drilled into the frame (removed all paint) and added my second battery ground in this location. After bolting the ground wire in I did cover the connection with dielectric grease.

Can’t really see in the pic but there is a brace I used behind the green corner.

Not saying it’s the right location but not had any trouble with anything at this point that is running from the second battery. All tests seem good as well.

View attachment 339467
This works great. There's already a hole that you can easily tap - thread, remove a bit of paint, add a dab of dielectric grease and voila, instant ground.
My accessory bars and second battery are grounded there. No issues, 4+ yrs.

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This works great. There's already a hole that you can easily tap - thread, remove a bit of paint, add a dab of dielectric grease and voila, instant ground.
My accessory bars and second battery are grounded there. No issues, 4+ yrs.
Thanks for the info. I wanted a completely separate system outside of the tru isolator to keep it all apart from factory. I know using the main battery ground would be ok, but I opted for a separate ground location since the 2022 did not come equipped with the second ground wire as in the past. Appreciate you sharing having no problems over that amount of time. Makes me feel better about the decision.