P1000 location front turn signals

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought the XTC turn signal kit and while I really like the kit...works straight out the box only connect to battery. However now I need to commit to drilling some holes in my P1000, we drive a fair bit of wooded tight terrain so the location in the install manual seems bad being right on the side where it will get whacked by branches or brush. Any pics where folks put there turn lights, mine are the little round LED. Also I am in WA state and the street legal info doesn't clearly state what is required...meaning could we just install it on the front instead of the sides or maybe on the top of the flares? Thanks!!

Reactions: Lady01
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 5590 IMG 5591 IMG 5592 IMG 5594
Bought the XTC turn signal kit and while I really like the kit...works straight out the box only connect to battery. However now I need to commit to drilling some holes in my P1000, we drive a fair bit of wooded tight terrain so the location in the install manual seems bad being right on the side where it will get whacked by branches or brush. Any pics where folks put there turn lights, mine are the little round LED. Also I am in WA state and the street legal info doesn't clearly state what is required...meaning could we just install it on the front instead of the sides or maybe on the top of the flares? Thanks!!
The blinkers are low profile. I haven't knocked these off yet.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 5595 Don't let the bit "walk" on you you might scratch the tail light . Beer may or may not have been involved.Lol

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No need for back light it uses the standard back lights, part of the reason why I got this kit.....looks good though thanks!!
Our state requires reflectors on the back. I used reflector screws with a wing nut on the back that motorcycles use and my Honda decal that I got from @jrplaza2008 is also reflective material.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used the same kit but added additional lights. See below

View attachment 81995

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me like! Please tell us...what exactly are those amber lights between your headlights and Honda emblem!? I'm gettin some-a-those! Nice!!! I have the same XTC kit (love it). So the relay will blink those big lights without any mods to the XTC system?

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The only mods are to buy the XTC multiple light connectors (or make them yourself)

Lights are ....

JDM Style Clear Triangle Flush Mount LED Turn Signals Light (Amber) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0116I6FB2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

They also have smoke colored lenses which I wish I had bought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
advertisement
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I did mine I did it cheap and fast.
View attachment 83411 View attachment 83412
The location of your front blinkers is exactly where I want mine. The engineers who designed the plastic obviously carved out that little notch for something, and a blinker looks perfect and protected there. Please tell me, when you drilled into that spot, did you run into any other parts back there internally? I can't feel what is behind that spot and don't want to run a drill bit into anything. Any advice you have to drilling there and running a wire would be appreciated, Thanks!

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also, I found the same round light on Amazon which is White and a three wire. That way, I will have a white led running light, and it will blink brighter when blinker is on. Wisconsin can have white turn signals on front so it's good to go. I still want it in that spot.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Sorry about late response, but i dont remember any obstacles. Just dont punch through.

advertisement