P1000 Local Dealer must be crazy

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My local dealer RideNow power sports must be crazy they got my wife and I approved for a P1k5d but wont budge off 18k and 25% interest rate. The reason is "we pay more for the pioneers" and "we have more overhead" I told them absolutely not, I want a pioneer but I won't be raped just to buy it. I just did a craigslist search found a dealer listing deluxe for 14,597 + fees I will see what the catch is. Seems a bit low?

2016 Honda Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe Side by Side 5 Seater SXS SXS10M5DL

Reactions: Hondasxs
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Every dealer in the US pays the exact same amount for the vehicle. Honda is adamant about that. He is bs'ing you.

Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
My local dealer RideNow power sports must be crazy they got my wife and I approved for a P1k5d but wont budge off 18k and 25% interest rate. The reason is "we pay more for the pioneers" and "we have more overhead" I told them absolutely not, I want a pioneer but I won't be raped just to buy it. I just did a craigslist search found a dealer listing deluxe for 14,597 + fees I will see what the catch is. Seems a bit low?

There's are 3 different dealers in TN that sell dozens of P1K5D's at $14800 no fees or tax to out of state buyers.

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's are 3 different dealers in TN that sell dozens of P1K5D's at $14800 no fees or tax to out of state buyers.
Would it be possible to find out which 3 dealers these might be? I'm looking to buy one within the next month.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Would it be possible to find out which 3 dealers these might be? I'm looking to buy one within the next month.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

In middle TN there is Abernathy's. In Chattanooga there are two big dealers, Honda of Chattanooga and Southern Honda Powersports just a short distance from each other. A quick Google search will bring up thier Web Links. None are allowed to advertise thier pricing. I bought mine from Honda of Chattanooga early on and paid a bit more, this late in model year they will wheel and deal if they still have several sitting in warehouses. I know the two dealers in Chattanooga are on these forums and will let you make up your own mind where to look. As far as I know neither charge any fees, what you are quoted is what you pay no surprises.

Reactions: DGann and joeymt33
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Southern Honda Powersports claims to be the biggest Honda dealer in the US.... People come from all over the country to buy from them.

Reactions: uconn411
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Southern Honda Powersports claims to be the biggest Honda dealer in the US.... People come from all over the country to buy from them.
I can vouch for them. First of the year they were the cheapest that I found. As mentioned, you can get a better deal this late in year. They have no added fees like destination charges and dealer prep. Great people.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just talked to Chatenooga today about a 1K3. Wasn't impressed. They only came down $400 from MSRP. There are dealers all over the country that are advertising 1K3s in the low 12k range. Even when you pay their $500-750 dollar dealer fees, it's still way better then any of the dealers mentioned here.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They were cheapest I found in at least a 3 hour radius.

advertisement
tapakegovagnaps

tapakegovagnaps

Oct 6, 2016
NVA
I bought a New deluxe two weeks ago for 12,999 plus fees in MD

Reactions: drfubar
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A lot of dealers took advantage of the surplus sale last month. They can buy up units that other dealers have extra units that they don't think they will sell before the 17s come in. The dealers that know they can sell them, buy up as many as they can get their hands on. I know one dealer in Texas has sold a dozen 1K3s in the past week. And he still has about ten more. He's selling them for $12,200. Another dealer in MD is selling them for a couple hundred more. This is the time of year to buy! Even after you pay a few hundred more in 'dealer fees', it still turns out well ahead of the best deal you could have got a month ago.
One way to find some of these dealers is through ATV Trader. But not all dealers list there.

New Or Used Honda Pioneer 1000-Eps ATVs for Sale - ATVTrader.com

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's all kinds of crazy deals to be had at end of model year.

Reactions: drfubar
F

Flogrown

Sep 11, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I Went to that same dealer in gainesville they told me they would match anyones price i had a quote of 14,900 from a dealer Chattanooga.well they lied and would not come off price.this was in march. I bought at rc hills for 15,200.but that was back in march prolly cheaper now.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All dealers pay the same price from honda whether big dealership or small. Any dealer that says different is lying to you.

H

HondaTech

Honda invoices every unit to every dealer the same. What has mentioned before is true, large volume dealers are given first shot at surplus. If I ca n sell 100 for less money then the next guy who only sells 10 then I'm still ahead. The real money is made selling accessories, HPP, service and getting customers to return. We've sold more Pioneers since we dropped price down to move '16 inventory then ever before. Plus hardly one leaves here without a top, w/s, or wheel/tire kit, or some kind of accessory.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I Went to that same dealer in gainesville they told me they would match anyones price i had a quote of 14,900 from a dealer Chattanooga.well they lied and would not come off price.this was in march. I bought at rc hills for 15,200.but that was back in march prolly cheaper now.

My wife's family went to buy a 1000-5 from Ride Now they had them at $20,000 they went and bought a Rzr thinking the pioneers were crazy expensive, they saw mine today told them we got it down to 15,500 they are now debating trading in a Rzr on one.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@HondaTech is it normal for dealers to charge for putting on accessories when you are trying to purchase them at the same time as the pioneer? I am ready to buy and have gone to two local dealer who are not moving off price, charge a ton of fees (my opinion) and when I show interest in a top and windshield say there is an installation fee of 2 hours labor to install both a top and a windshield.

The extra charge for installation really leaves me not wanting to do business with them. And the fees, I get the try but 11% in fees ?

H

HondaTech

@HondaTech is it normal for dealers to charge for putting on accessories when you are trying to purchase them at the same time as the pioneer? I am ready to buy and have gone to two local dealer who are not moving off price, charge a ton of fees (my opinion) and when I show interest in a top and windshield say there is an installation fee of 2 hours labor to install both a top and a windshield.

The extra charge for installation really leaves me not wanting to do business with them. And the fees, I get the try but 11% in fees ?

I'm not familiar with what our sales people charge for a top and w/s installation at time of purchase, I've known them to throw install in if you buy both on some units, but no sure if they still do that. For most accessories, Honda provides a flat rate time for reference, which we usually use on heaters, doors, winches, etc. I myself can do a top and w/s on a 1000 in less then 20 minutes, if the top is already assembled. If not then maybe 30 minutes, but I've done hundreds of 500,700, and 1000 installs. 2 hours is stupid for just a top and windshield imo. Our fees usually amount to around $200 on every unit, for title and doc fees, also BS in my mind, but you got to make somewhere when your selling units under cost. Honda gives us 1.5hrs for flat rate on a 1000/5 top and w/s, like Ive said anyone who has done one should take 20 minutes at the most for that.

I wish you were closer, I'd make you a hell of deal on a 1000 with the accessories you wanted, as soon as you mention what the other dealer is doing my GM would bend over backwards to sell you unit. We love taking crooked dealer business and making it our own.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not familiar with what our sales people charge for a top and w/s installation at time of purchase, I've known them to throw install in if you buy both on some units, but no sure if they still do that. For most accessories, Honda provides a flat rate time for reference, which we usually use on heaters, doors, winches, etc. I myself can do a top and w/s on a 1000 in less then 20 minutes, if the top is already assembled. If not then maybe 30 minutes, but I've done hundreds of 500,700, and 1000 installs. 2 hours is stupid for just a top and windshield imo. Our fees usually amount to around $200 on every unit, for title and doc fees, also BS in my mind, but you got to make somewhere when your selling units under cost. Honda gives us 1.5hrs for flat rate on a 1000/5 top and w/s, like Ive said anyone who has done one should take 20 minutes at the most for that.

I wish you were closer, I'd make you a hell of deal on a 1000 with the accessories you wanted, as soon as you mention what the other dealer is doing my GM would bend over backwards to sell you unit. We love taking crooked dealer business and making it our own.

Thanks for the quick feedback. Their price on the P1k5 has comedown in the last couple of week and is actually lower than what I have seen, they are at 14,870. But the delivery, tech set up and prep and doc fee - fully recognize we all want to make a profit and appraeachiate that. I need to get in a haggle mode a little more tomorrow.

Thanks for the insight

I wish I lived closer as well.

advertisement