P1000 Little blue light won't go off

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5

After I hooked everything up I started it and a few seconds later the blue light came on. Now it has been off for 5 minutes and the blue light is still on. What did I do wrong?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
thats a smart isolater it takes no juice to connect batteries like a relay does. The light basically means you're start battery is above the cutoff. It will stay on till it reaches that point which is still totally safe for the battery. That led takes so little amps that it won't matter. Everything is fine.

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thats a smart isolater it takes no juice on it basically means you're start battery is above the cutoff. It will stay on till it reaches that point which is still totally safe for the battery. That led takes so little amps that it won't matter. Everything is fine.

Awesome. Thanks, CP. As I have stated before, electrical is not my thing. I just automatically assumed I screwed it up.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Awesome. Thanks, CP. As I have stated before, electrical is not my thing. I just automatically assumed I screwed it up.
Nope not at all! Everything looks great shut your hood and enjoy what you did:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I would love to, but now I am trying figure out this oem and switches.
Well that takes way longer! But you started off horse before the cart with dual battery first. If you want to check your Iso run any accessory or turn on headlights with key but leave motor off. It should go out at 13.2 or 12.8 those are the most common.

Reactions: Plumber32
Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New batteries the light will stay on longer, I thought I had problem too. Called the manufacturer about it and they said that he new batteries will do that. I think mine would stay on about 8 hours the first few times. Later it will get where it goes off sooner when you turn off engine. If you want it to go off sooner just turn engine off and then key back on with lights on but do not start and it will go right off.