P1000 Line lock parking brake

J

JTW

Ok.. so I got my line lock parking brake installed last night. Just need someone to give me a hand pumping the peddle and I'll be finished.. However, I have one question.

Do I need to bleed all 4 or will just the fronts be fine?

@CumminsPusher @Windrock1000 @joeymt33 @PioneerPete

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok.. so I got my line lock parking brake installed last night. Just need someone to give me a hand pumping the peddle and I'll be finished.. However, I have one question.

Do I need to bleed all 4 or will just the fronts be fine?

@CumminsPusher @Windrock1000 @joeymt33 @PioneerPete
You can get by with front only usually but do all 4. There have been several people saying they stopped much better after bleeding. I don't think some have all the air out from factory

J

JTW

Here ya go.. I had to run mine a little different as I have the under dash shelf.. it was a b****! I had to use copper nickel lines as the steel wouldn't bend the way I needed because I had to connect them to the line lock and feed them and the line lock thru the dash hole in order to get it all in. Now I just hope it all works! Lol

IMG 3190 IMG 3191 IMG 3194 IMG 3196

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks great! Love that you copied my install:confused: jk lol. Makes it look so much cleaner with a flush mount! I was thinking it would be cool on mine to replace the rubber plunger with something a little more beastly...maybe a punisher skull. Lol.

J

JTW

Looks great! Love that you copied my install:confused: jk lol. Makes it look so much cleaner with a flush mount! I was thinking it would be cool on mine to replace the rubber plunger with something a little more beastly...maybe a punisher skull. Lol.
I didn't know you went with the flush mount.. did you have as much trouble as I did?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here ya go.. I had to run mine a little different as I have the under dash shelf.. it was a b****! I had to use copper nickel lines as the steel wouldn't bend the way I needed because I had to connect them to the line lock and feed them and the line lock thru the dash hole in order to get it all in. Now I just hope it all works! Lol

View attachment 39132 View attachment 39133 View attachment 39134 View attachment 39135
Looks good. It would be cool if you could rig a light to come on when it was engaged.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yes I did! Lol. If I had to do it again I could easily improve my install time! I came in from wheel well as well as switch plate opening! Bolting it in place was a b****!

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Here's mine...
IMG 4754 IMG 4757 IMG 4759

J

JTW

Yes I did! Lol. If I had to do it again I could easily improve my install time! I came in from wheel well as well as switch plate opening! Bolting it in place was a b****!
Yes.. I also didn't cut the end of my lines for the metric ends until I already had the lock installed. I was afraid they'd be too long and have too much extra. Turns out my lines were the perfect length so I could have saved a lot of trouble by just doing that step on the bench.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No...I should have added some for additional strength! But I was working out of my spare parts box! Overall I'm happy with mine!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
As long as mine doesn't leak.. I will be!
Oh ya mine leaked had to make adjustments wasted another 30 min with that. Good luck. lol