P500 lights: factory wattage anyone

C

coyhunter

Dec 10, 2015
I didn't see it in the specs so can anyone tell me what wattage the factory lights are? I am looking at led lights and trying to decide how many to get and in order to decide what style to get need to know they compare wattage wise to the factory. Does anyone make led replacements for the factory. I am thinking there is a need for some pencil beams since there are no high beams. I also plan on adding some 10w floods in the back. For those that have extra lights do you use them with the factory lights or in place of them.

15P5Mike

Jul 6, 2015
Look in the sticky at top of 700 mod section

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't see it in the specs so can anyone tell me what wattage the factory lights are? I am looking at led lights and trying to decide how many to get and in order to decide what style to get need to know they compare wattage wise to the factory. Does anyone make led replacements for the factory. I am thinking there is a need for some pencil beams since there are no high beams. I also plan on adding some 10w floods in the back. For those that have extra lights do you use them with the factory lights or in place of them.

What will be good brand price/quality for a roof back lights?

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Get you a set from EAGLE EYE LIGHTS for stock replacements, garentee thats all you will need.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
P500 OEM lights are 35 watt bulbs, I believe it is the same bulb as the Pioneer 700 and Big Red MUV.

15P5Mike

Jul 6, 2015
Jw speaker

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 171
C

coyhunter

Dec 10, 2015
P500 OEM lights are 35 watt bulbs, I believe it is the same bulb as the Pioneer 700 and Big Red MUV.
Thanks so those cheap 20w led cubes on ebay should work well. Wonder if they need a relay anyone know when its needed?

C

coyhunter

Dec 10, 2015
Ding Ding! Perfect simple cost effective solution i have another battery already now i can work that into the winch install which is on the way. So my thought is 20w led cubes in the 30 degree beam for the front and a pair of 10w floods mounted high pointing out and down for the rear. That should light up the back and surrounding area when loading up. This should be a great setup now I don't have to worry about a dead battery hmm maybe i will mount my lowrance lcx112c in there for ice fishing...oh no i am out of control good thing I don't have a wife anymore! I TEND TO OVER ENGINEER.

advertisement
M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
I mounted a 10 watt flood under my bed by the brake light & tapped into the reverse switch so there is no need for toggle switch--works great & plenty light

Reactions: sxsinks
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
I mounted a 10 watt flood under my bed by the brake light & tapped into the reverse switch so there is no need for toggle switch--works great & plenty light
Picture?

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Ding Ding! Perfect simple cost effective solution i have another battery already now i can work that into the winch install which is on the way. So my thought is 20w led cubes in the 30 degree beam for the front and a pair of 10w floods mounted high pointing out and down for the rear. That should light up the back and surrounding area when loading up. This should be a great setup now I don't have to worry about a dead battery hmm maybe i will mount my lowrance lcx112c in there for ice fishing...oh no i am out of control good thing I don't have a wife anymore! I TEND TO OVER ENGINEER.
Its even worse for me .... i make everything too hard and my wife tolerates my weirdness.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
is this after market or a mod? the yellow P500 in the attachment.
Awesome!
There is a thread in here about modifying the plastic insert in 500's and 700's to take the LED lights on a 1000-5.....

C

coyhunter

Dec 10, 2015
I think i found it thru the previous reference that is not for me but thanks.

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I am wondering the same I was going to put the switch right by the reverse pull but would rather tie into reverse switch