P1000 Light Bar mounts with 2022 P1K5 new bumper design?

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Changes with the 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe models (most are great) have changed my thinking for added lighting. Planned to have a bumper mounted light bar in the front, but now trying to figure out how to make that happen. Seen several with larger bars mounted over the hood so might be moving in that direction. Looking at the pictures of the new front standard bumper design for the PK5 deluxe, any light bar mounting ideas (without drilling into the bumper)?

Second question, is there an aftermarket a-pillar mount for light bar over the hood that is like the Rough Country one? It appears to mount with the bolt holes rather than sliding between. Not against the slide in version, just like the design of the Rough Country but they don't seem to sell the bracket without their light bars.
Preview 928x522

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
To me the bumper looks to close to the same as the currant ones.
so I would use the clamps we have been using assuming.
but your really not going to know your answer till u have one of those 22’s in hand to really know.

Reactions: Lady01
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Changes with the 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe models (most are great) have changed my thinking for added lighting. Planned to have a bumper mounted light bar in the front, but now trying to figure out how to make that happen. Seen several with larger bars mounted over the hood so might be moving in that direction. Looking at the pictures of the new front standard bumper design for the PK5 deluxe, any light bar mounting ideas (without drilling into the bumper)?

Second question, is there an aftermarket a-pillar mount for light bar over the hood that is like the Rough Country one? It appears to mount with the bolt holes rather than sliding between. Not against the slide in version, just like the design of the Rough Country but they don't seem to sell the bracket without their light bars. View attachment 327765
The RC lights are nice with the DRL function and decent light output for at night.

PXL 20220314 222358277

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup, your right lol.
I have that on my pioneer. But man they can suck the juice lol.
Yes the can. Though perhaps not as much as the ads claim. The one pictured is THIS ONE . Claim is 312 watts, which doing the math should see it drawing 26 amps at 12 volts. It doesn't, drawing only 16.5 amps at 13.3 volts when I tested it. I believe the exaggerated claims are the result of ad wars, and they know most won't check.

Still, with all higher current devices, I recommend keeping an eye on the voltmeter. If voltage heads down towards roughly 12.5 volts while running, I'd be load shedding the unnecessary stuff.

Reactions: Remington
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, but they won't do what this one will do . . . set bird nests on fire at a hundred yards!

View attachment 327810
At Macks Pines last month, my roof got hooked on some tree branches and my front tires came 2ft off the ground , not sure the light bar would have liked that. Between my RC bumper light, head lights, RC a pillar lights and RC b pillar lights I do just fine at night

Reactions: kandt