P1000 Light Bar Mount on Hard Roof

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone used this mount (click below)?

Light Bar Mounting Brackets

I see if is for an 18" to 30" long light bar but I was thinking about using it for a 50" to 52" curved LED light bar for my P1000-5 Deluxe.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Looks like it should work. But I would put a bracket behind it to make it more rigid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
To me $50 bucks is high for that set up. Would be easy to make. But you pay for convenience

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Yeah that's ridiculous for the same thing two pieces of angle will do. But personally I would not put it on the roof.. and if I did it would be attached to the rops as some on here have done.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Yeah that's ridiculous for the same thing two pieces of angle will do. But personally I would not put it on the roof.. and if I did it would be attached to the rops as some on here have done.
I mounted mine low on the hood in front of the half windshield. I only drilled two small holes then removed the plastic and put a piece of steal to sturdy it up. I used the mounts supplied with the light bar and it is very sturdy, but I wanted mine down low. Up high I was worried about dust and fog, that is why I mounted mine lower than my eyes. I will try to get a picture of it on a few minutes.

Reactions: dotman1 and JTW
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
If you put piece of flat steel behind the plastic it should be strong enough. Make the flat piece of steal larger then the mount.

Reactions: KevinSC
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
If you put piece of flat steel behind the plastic it should be strong enough. Make the flat piece of steal larger then the mount.

Yep, I got a 1/4" FB behind mine, you will not move it unless the bolt that holds the hood on gets taken out somehow.