P1000 Let's call it Sasquatch

B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
Let's suggest a future Honda build and call it Sasquatch, after all they have a potential commercial theme already started. I could envision at least to satisfy my needs a P700-2 or P1000-3 with an extended cab by maybe 18", therefore a slightly longer wheelbase. Bucket seats, console, maybe jump seats or more storage behind the seats like in the old Ford Ranger pickups, put longer legs on it by maybe 2 to 4 inches, bigger feet maybe 30's with heavier 8 ply soles, same box dimensions as the 2 and 3 seaters come with now would be fine. Maybe everything beefed up a little, sorry but not thinking this would replace the sport model some of you guys would like to see next but a solid working machine or tough play type. Load it up with an integrated cab and full of standard protection accessories. Just trying to think of something that maybe could find a new niche in the UTV market for Honda. It doesn't have to be for a couple years as my mind is just wondering a bit waiting for my Camo P 1000 - 5 to come in and not quite ready to trade something I haven't even taken delivery of yet (hopefully in the next couple weeks as I see they are starting to show up today here on other threads). Any other suggestions that you would like to add would be appreciated as I'm sure Honda will jump all over this?

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
That would certainly be sasquatch.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I prefer the model name "Baja 1000" then go out and win the race by its namesake next January. In the mid 80's Honda dominated the ATC and motorcycle desert races. Good ole Dean Sundahl was a true ironman on the ATC250R.

Stretch the wheelbase out to 92", increase the suspension travel to 16-18", tweak that 999 cc twin for all its worth with a turbo at 160HP, and set the sub transmission where it tops out at 65 mph in LOW range :)

Then Polaris will have to push out another model called "Commander in Chief" like the "General" because the bold new graphics and storage bin campaign goes only so far when you haven't addressed the core reliability issues. /snark off :p