P1000 KFI plows and winches

S

SXS81

Nov 16, 2015
I have a new 1000 5 seat deluxe and was wanting to add a winch kit and snow plow kit. I have searched around the internet and the KFI seem to have good reviews. I know the kits you can order through honda are warn setups but the price is pretty steep. Seems KFI is the only aftermarked that is going to have any mounts coming soon and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the KFI's and what the best setup might be for the new pioneer. I plan on plowing my 1/4 mile drive and maybe a couple smaller ones for the neighbors. If we get really big snows I have loader tractors I can use so this would just be for snows up to 6 inches or so. Thanks!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @SXS81!! I will let the P1000 guys feild that question but i think they are looking at the KFI also.

S

SXS81

Nov 16, 2015
Im also curious about opinions on power angle on plows. Any opinions on adding an actuator or winch to control plow angle? I just cant bring myself to spend the money warn wants for their power angle blade, spending way too much already lol.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
P

posterboy

KFI has the winch mount and plow mount in production. I was told that the retail on the winch mount will be around $55. On a personal not I do not see allot of need to have a rotating actuator for plowing. Typically I do a straight blade 1st run down the middle. Then I rotate full to the RH side and go back and forth down the driveway pushing snow to both sides. Then at the end I go back to straight to clean-up. I get out on my rig twice to rotate and I do not see the need to spend hundreds of dollars on an actuator. I have also have the older Warn rotate thing on my ATV when I had an ATV but it would never lock in the straight position and it added allot of lifting weight to the blade. Warn may have fixed that issue on the newer ones though.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After 3 months of snow-bound confinement, I finally got my P51k out of the garage last week. When the snow's super deep, it doesn't matter the blade.
But I love my KFI inverted mount for a SuperWinch Terra 45 winch, with a 72" KFI Open Country blade. I've had the blade on two machines and it still looks like the first day of install.

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
have kfi winch, mount and blade on my '21 Pk3. it's worked great past couple winters here in idaho. had similar setup on my Yamaha Rhino prior to this. (same wide spool winch, diff mount and shorter blade). kfi seems well built and i havent had any problems. you'll want to add a pulley system to help with winch no matter what you get. also switch to hawse fairlead if runnin synth rope instead of cable. pic here was before i switched. the pully plow fairlead works great with cable (have on my grizzly), but tore my rope up. i had short piece of rope for plowing that i used for while, then broke down mid plow. had to remove and reattach with winch rope to finish job at the time. ended up having to replace winch rope, and i ordered the hawse and added while at it.

20221201 095857

Last edited: