Just put money down on 700 4. What accessories to buy?

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
Like the topic says I have on order a Green 700 4 on way. Should be here first week Dec.

What accessories are necessity? I ordered the hardtop and a arm skids. I have mixed reviews with the 1/2 windshield. A few a my buddies have them and it's nothing but a dust storm in the cab. What's everyone's take on reducing dust in the cab. Should I buy one?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
10spoke,
congratulations on your new purchase, I hope it comes in early for you just in time for the holidays.
As for accessories, differently the a-arm guards. The roofs seem to be very popular as most people have them. Probably the most talked about accessories would be a winch. But go with a aftermarket one.
As for the 1/2 windshield. I do not have any input, other then I am interested in hearing peoples feedback. I have been looking at it too.
Well, Get started reading the forum. Lots of ideas and pictures of members Pioneers with many accessories.
Look forward to your post.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the new ride!

If you have a windshield a rear panel is the only real way to prevent the dust. A windshield creates a high pressure area in front and a low pressure area behind, the low pressure area effectively sucks the dust into itself.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
A winch maybe? Congrats on your purchase!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Winch. Then a top.

I would like to try one of the 1/4 windshields, but don't know if i'd want a full one ( certainly not without a rear enclosure ).

I haven't really had a chance to look at Pioneer skid plates yet, but I'd probably save the a-arm guard money for skids, if they are as flimsy as most OEM skids.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely skids, I've already bent my factory ones driving over trees.

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
Definitely gonna be getting a winch. Still debating which route to go. The dealer was giving a me pretty good deal on one. Are the 4k winch strong enough?

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
That is what I just purchased- don't have any experience with it yet as it is still in the box ( waiting for the mount to show- FYI buy one from KFI Industries, $55.00 or so). Get one quick as they are selling like hotcakes!

From what I understand, rule of thumb is 1.5x the gross weight of the vehicle to include all gear. I would think (HOPE) 4k would suffice. Cabelas has Warn winches on sale, but there are other choices.

Let us know what you think!

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I installed the KFI mount and purchased a Cabelas trail tamer (Warn Advantage) 4200 LB winch. In total I paid approx $310 for both. The Cabelas Trail Tamer advantage winches are made by Warn and are the exact same Winch as the Warn advantage winch - but for a lot less. Just waiting for a switch plate to finish my install. The winch and KFI bracket worked out great although wiring it was a real PITA.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
The good news is, you have PLENTY of time to decide. My green 700-4 was due Oct 30, I'm still waiting.

advertisement

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
Damn!! Not quite what I wanna hear. Lol. It's OK winter just started so no big rush.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
The dealers just don't have any Idea.

My dealer has had some that were slated for much later dates arrive early, and some- ofc like mine, be over a month in the works.

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
Well apparently several dealers here are expecting the manufacture to be shipping them out on the Nov 20th. So I guess we will see. And on the 22nd there suppose to be turning there orders for early next year.