P1000 Just bought 1000-5 need help with accessories

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For a windshield I’m torn between super atv flip up or the utv801. For a roof I like the looks of the Honda but I like how the tusk aluminum you can take the back half off if need to stand in bed. I’m located in Michigan will do mostly backroad riding with some trails. Also plan to add soft upper doors. Yeah

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Northern Michigan. I've got the SATV windshield and the Tusk aluminum roof. I've been happy with both. I haven't had reason to take the back half of the roof off but I suppose it would be nice to have that option. The aluminum roof did leak a little bit once during rain at the seam in the middle so I suppose you could keep that in mind as a consideration. I'm sure there's ways to prevent that but I'm not out in downpours that often so I don't worry about it.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Michigander!

SATV flip and Honda roof. The Honda roof is solid and u get the best of both worlds in the SATV flip.

have U posted any pics of this machine yet?
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For a windshield I’m torn between super atv flip up or the utv801. For a roof I like the looks of the Honda but I like how the tusk aluminum you can take the back half off if need to stand in bed. I’m located in Michigan will do mostly backroad riding with some trails. Also plan to add soft upper doors. Yeah
WELCOME from NW Arkansas! Home of the LSU Tiger slayer's

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome fellow Michigander!

SATV flip and Honda roof. The Honda roof is solid and u get the best of both worlds in the SATV flip.

have U posted any pics of this machine yet?
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)
I will post some pics tonight haha. I was leaning towards the SATV flip and then read a bunch of people raving about 801 on Facebook so now it got me thinking.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I will post some pics tonight haha. I was leaning towards the SATV flip and then read a bunch of people raving about 801 on Facebook so now it got me thinking.
Welllllll theres your problem…..
you read on Mark Motherzuckers
FACETRURD🤨
that would confuse my dog!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Quit Faceturd almost two years ago. Anything you read on there, I would run the OTHER direction.

I can't speak for the Tusk aluminum roof or the utv801, but I recently installed the SuperATV flip up windshield and the Honda OEM roof and I've very pleased with both.

Welcome from a SE Michigander ... where is your 10-20?

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quit Faceturd almost two years ago. Anything you read on there, I would run the OTHER direction.

I can't speak for the Tusk aluminum roof or the utv801, but I recently installed the SuperATV flip up windshield and the Honda OEM roof and I've very pleased with both.

Welcome from a SE Michigander ... where is your 10-20?
How does that windshield/roof combination seal? im located close to coldwater MI, south of battle creek 40 minutes

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
How does that windshield/roof combination seal? im located close to coldwater MI, south of battle creek 40 minutes
The windscreen and roof don't seal together. It is designed to let a significant amount of air through (between the top of a windshield and the roof), presumably for circulation during the warmer months.

I filled the gap for the winter by using several insulating tubes that you'd use to insulate your copper plumbing -- the stuff that looks like a pool noodle. In fact, some people have actually used pool noodles, not only at the roof/windshield line, but other places on the machine (e.g., around the roll cage in spots).

You're not going to get a car-like seal with the Pioneer cab. If that's what you are hoping to do, let me be the first to let you down. Sure, you can do your best to stop much of the wind and elements, but you're never going to get it completely sealed. There are endless threads on sealing up a Pioneer on here.

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The windscreen and roof don't seal together. It is designed to let a significant amount of air through (between the top of a windshield and the roof), presumably for circulation during the warmer months.

I filled the gap for the winter by using several insulating tubes that you'd use to insulate your copper plumbing -- the stuff that looks like a pool noodle. In fact, some people have actually used pool noodles, not only at the roof/windshield line, but other places on the machine (e.g., around the roll cage in spots).

You're not going to get a car-like seal with the Pioneer cab. If that's what you are hoping to do, let me be the first to let you down. Sure, you can do your best to stop much of the wind and elements, but you're never going to get it completely sealed. There are endless threads on sealing up a Pioneer on here.
Okay thanks, I will search the forum for some answers!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't even bother. The closer we get to snowmobile season, the closer my SxS riding gear resembles my sled gear. Last weekend was the first one with the snow pants over my jeans. 😃

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from NE Michigan (south of Alpena-in Black River). We have the Honda Roof and hard back, Honda full glass windshield and honda soft uppers (1st gen) I have used A/C window foam, Frost King insulation (for heat and noise), and have it as seal/blocked as can be. keeps the snow and wind out rather well!

2019 Honda Pioneer Beast April 2021 2019 P1K 3  7 Beast May 2020

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Brennan - welcome! I did a video on accessories including the selection and installation of the super atv windshield with the Honda roof. I go into some detail on the reasons. Not a right or wrong thing - everyone has their preferences. I am very happy with the performance of both the windshield and roof. (I also did a video on soft cab doors.)

Here is a link to the video.
Honda Pioneer 1000 - 10 Suggested Accessories

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've got the UTV801 and absolutely love it compared to the factory poly split window. But there is a gap between it and the factory roof. I bought some high density foam from McMaster-Carr to fill in the gap. It really helped. And I can actually see!!! P.S. the poly window lasted about 2 years until you couldn't see through it. Buy glass

Happy trails

Happy trails

Sep 12, 2021
Peoria arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For upper doors I went with Seizmik. Reasons: 1. The frames have a mount for a mirror. 2. The vinyl window can be zipped down. 3. You can tow. 4. They have a decent outer material for the door to seal against. 5. The must have upper hinge design is legit to take weight off the door hinges and the upper hinge does not stick out too far. 6. Adjustable

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
All I can say , Have fun chasing that rabbit! HA!

advertisement