P1000 July 5th big day!

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
July 5th seems to be a an important day for the Honda Pioneer!
1. Will we find out if Honda has addressed the heat issue for real?
2. Will we find out if the Walker Evans shocks are the ticket, and worth the $$$?

These are my only two gripes worth mentioning on this machine. I have a hard time believing the heat resolution will be anything more than an under seat barrier, but we'll see. I know the shocks will be an upgrade but hopefully we'll get a thorough review from @Hondasxs to help decide if they are really worth that much coin.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
July 5th seems to be a an important day for the Honda Pioneer!
1. Will we find out if Honda has addressed the heat issue for real?
2. Will we find out if the Walker Evans shocks are the ticket, and worth the $$$?

These are my only two gripes worth mentioning on this machine. I have a hard time believing the heat resolution will be anything more than an under seat barrier, but we'll see. I know the shocks will be an upgrade but hopefully we'll get a thorough review from @Hondasxs to help decide if they are really worth that much coin.

Is today an announcement day?

Any details as to what time? Is it something coming on the "Redline" or something?

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is today an announcement day?

Any details as to what time? Is it something coming on the "Redline" or something?
@educ8tedguess I believe has the first unit going in today to receive the Honda "heat issue fix" part, whatever it may be, and @Hondasxs is out rallying trails testing the Walker Evans shocks today as well. Hopefully both will check in today and let us know the results. So yes this info is coming on the real "Redline"!

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
seems like this reline will touch base on fixed issues and small updates. I am wondering when will Honda release info on the 2017 model line up

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@educ8tedguess I believe has the first unit going in today to receive the Honda "heat issue fix" part, whatever it may be, and @Hondasxs is out rallying trails testing the Walker Evans shocks today as well. Hopefully both will check in today and let us know the results. So yes this info is coming on the real "Redline"!

Ah, I gotcha.

I thought there was going to be a 2017 announcement.

Still looking forward to finding out about the heat shielding. I am hopefully going to be picking mine up sometime this week.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Was excited there for a second...

Thought crow_hunter finally made up his mind to buy a pioneer!

I had, technically,;) but now everyone complaining about heat at my latitude has me wondering if I am making the right decision.:eek: