P1000 ITP Tires?

kjw83

kjw83

Dec 2, 2017
Madisonville KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
anybody running the itp mudlite xtr tires? Looking for something versatile like this bc we occasionally run hard pack and paved surfaces to get to and from trails we ride. But I also need something to get me through a nasty mudhole if we come up to one....I want something that will hold up over time. What do u think?

Reactions: BWAF
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
anybody running the itp mudlite xtr tires? Looking for something versatile like this bc we occasionally run hard pack and paved surfaces to get to and from trails we ride. But I also need something to get me through a nasty mudhole if we come up to one....I want something that will hold up over time. What do u think?
The xtr only goes up to 27 I think, a buddy had them on a rincon then a new set on his 700. Its a great tire but not sure it has enough load rating for a 1000

kjw83

kjw83

Dec 2, 2017
Madisonville KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The xtr only goes up to 27 I think, a buddy had them on a rincon then a new set on his 700. Its a great tire but not sure it has enough load rating for a 1000

Not sure about the load rating either, I’ll have to check on that...I know my stock tires are 27s with 12” rims....I just want to get better tires not necessarily worried about the rims.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What ply are the ITP tires I would want at least an 8 ply tire that way it will be hard to put a hole in them but not impossible

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Itp also makes the black water evos and you could do a 10 wide front 11 in back 28. Everyone who has these brag about what a great all purpose tire favoring the mud side. What makes it better for mud is spacing and that makes it not so great for ware on pavement

Reactions: Chet and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Itp also makes the black water evos and you could do a 10 wide front 11 in back 28. Everyone who has these brag about what a great all purpose tire favoring the mud side. What makes it better for mud is spacing and that makes it not so great for ware on pavement

They work well on rocks too, pavement wears them down though.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the input.....any other brands that would fit my needs? Im not necessarily set on ITP.

I favor the Evos for a jack of all trades tire.

The Original BigHorns and the 2.0s are pretty good tires as long as you pick up an 8ply, the 4 ply puncture easily.

C

Chet

Jun 23, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a set of EVO tires 28 X 14. I live in WV and work as a welding inspector on pipeline jobs. Some very challenging terrain and I love these tires. Good traction and the sidewalls are very tough and will take a lot of abuse in the rocks and trails. I will definitely consider these when I need a new set. With that being said, they are one and half years old and used everyday for nine months last year and show very little signs of wear or damage. They do ride somewhat stiffer than the stock tires that came on it which were absolute garbage. I would highly recommend these tires to anyone needing a good, dependable mud tire.

Reactions: chadbo and BWAF
advertisement
kjw83

kjw83

Dec 2, 2017
Madisonville KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m also interested in the STI Outback XT tires. Is anybody running these and how do u like them?