Is Flip windshield viable as a half windshield

T

team-longtrack

Mar 12, 2017
ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey guys, working on getting my new 1000-5 dlx setup. I need a winshield!!! At least a halfy, I'd prefer just a halfy, (superatv tinted) but I'm going to need something to help keep the cold off the kids in the winter. .

I'm thinking about a honda or superatv flip windshield, and only installing the lower portion In the summer, but I notice they are considerably shorter than the regular half windshields. So is the bottom portion of the flip windshields useful as a half windshield?? Or will I be disappointed?

I don't really wanna have 2 different shields laying around. I really like the looks of the superatv tinted half shield

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had the factory one. And ah so so. Got the flip up one new and it's going to be a lot better in the summer

J

JTW

The SuperATV flip probably won't satisfy you as a half windshield as it allows ample airflow when open. But the whole point of it is to either be open or not... so I'm not sure why you'd want a half windshield.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SuperATV flip probably won't satisfy you as a half windshield as it allows ample airflow when open. But the whole point of it is to either be open or not... so I'm not sure why you'd want a half windshield.
It does hold open as far as the honda one. In the middle setting

T

team-longtrack

Mar 12, 2017
ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If I bought a flip.... I wouldn't even install the upper portion in the summer, only the bottom piece a of lexan. I'm just wondering how the bottom half of the flip compares to a regular half shield

J

JTW

If I bought a flip.... I wouldn't even install the upper portion in the summer, only the bottom piece a of lexan. I'm just wondering how the bottom half of the flip compares to a regular half shield

Then you'd be wasting your money for the summer months IF you expect the lower half to do anything.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey guys, working on getting my new 1000-5 dlx setup. I need a winshield!!! At least a halfy, I'd prefer just a halfy, (superatv tinted) but I'm going to need something to help keep the cold off the kids in the winter. .

I'm thinking about a honda or superatv flip windshield, and only installing the lower portion In the summer, but I notice they are considerably shorter than the regular half windshields. So is the bottom portion of the flip windshields useful as a half windshield?? Or will I be disappointed?

I don't really wanna have 2 different shields laying around. I really like the looks of the superatv tinted half shield

Have you checked out the Bug Buster windshield screen? I really like mine for warm weather.

Reactions: team-longtrack
T

team-longtrack

Mar 12, 2017
ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have you checked out the Bug Buster windshield screen? I really like mine for warm weather.
Yeah I've seen them. I really like the open cockpit feeling though. I was hoping i could get dual usage out of the flip shield but it doesn't seem that way. I'll probably order the superatv 1/2 for this summer and slap on an extra piece of lexan in the winter

Some one should make a good 2pc/flip shield, that serves as and adequate half shield and a full/tilt ,