ATV Indicator lights on '96 Foreman 400

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have three indicator lights that are mounted on the plastic cowling covering the handle bars. Today my Reverse light went out, but it came on for a little while after I moved the wires behind the light. Do these lights come out by popping them out with a screwdriver? I thought I'd switch the light that indicates "TEMP" with the reverse light since the overhead sensor doesn't seem to work anyhow (the "Temp" light come on and off randomly).

I just don't want to pry out the lights and crate a problem. FYI there are 3 lights mounted on the handle bar cover, 1) Reverse, 2) Neutral, and 3) Temp. Thanks for any info.

Reactions: Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have three indicator lights that are mounted on the plastic cowling covering the handle bars. Today my Reverse light went out, but it came on for a little while after I moved the wires behind the light. Do these lights come out by popping them out with a screwdriver? I thought I'd switch the light that indicates "TEMP" with the reverse light since the overhead sensor doesn't seem to work anyhow (the "Temp" light come on and off randomly).

I just don't want to pry out the lights and crate a problem. FYI there are 3 lights mounted on the handle bar cover, 1) Reverse, 2) Neutral, and 3) Temp. Thanks for any info.
I think they pop out. When my neutral light went out I looked once and ever since I go down to reverse and pull up one in to neutral since the lights out lol

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't even think my temp light works either lol its Been tough as nails Im never easy on it! I never hardly used it for work but it will tow the pioneer 1000 when I ran out of gas it struggled A good bit on the hills I need too fix it. Its sitting in the garage with a broken ball joint and tie rod!

H

HondaTech

The socket probably needs adjusted. The bulbs can be difficult to get out without shattering the bulbs.

The sockets are hardwired into a sub harness.

Thr "temp" light is probably acting up because of a bad fan control box. They are known to go bad and turn the light on without triggering the fan. Its too bad the box isn't avaliable anymore.

Reactions: Isaiah and ChadD