P1000 I was thinking something is not right

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
When I have too much time on my hands, and my very lovely bride is still asleep, I worry about things. Like some of you, I get up early, between 4:00-5:00 even on weekends, I make coffee, feed the dogs and relax in front of the computer and check out what's going on this website.

I like to read about everyone's weekend trips at different places across the country, as well as the different accessories you guys are bolting onto your Hondas. I don't like to hear when one of our own has a problem with there rig, but I do like when someone posts about an issue, many with mechanical knowledge reply with fixes to these problems.

This website has provided me with a great deal of information and entertainment, but, sometimes I wonder why some things are even on this website, and a good example of that would be, the advertisement for the Canam Defender on a Honda website? Is this wrong of me to think that this advertisement shouldn't be here?

Please let me know if any of you are having the same issues, and what you are doing to look past it

Reactions: drfubar
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I was wondering the same thing as to why a can am defender is being advertised on this site.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@sporttrac4x4 is correct.
We use Google Adsense for advertisements. Can-am has bought ads from them with the goal of putting them in front of people who are looking for a UTV. Seeing you are in a UTV site... You see there ads.

It is also based on your cookies. Have you searched for the word "can-am" lately? Boom... You get Can-am ads.

Try it out. Search for Toyota Truck! Click around a bit in the results. I bet you will start to see ads for Toyota and or truck ads.

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
@sporttrac4x4 is correct.
We use Google Adsense for advertisements. Can-am has bought ads from them with the goal of putting them in front of people who are looking for a UTV. Seeing you are in a UTV site... You see there ads.

It is also based on your cookies. Have you searched for the word "can-am" lately? Boom... You get Can-am ads.

Try it out. Search for Toyota Truck! Click around a bit in the results. I bet you will start to see ads for Toyota and or truck ads.
So, if what you are saying is true, we should coletivly do a google search for for something other than Can Am Defenders, this way we wouldn't see these Defender advertisements any longer. With that said, I propose we should post ideas on what this new search topic should be. I would like to start this campaign by suggesting a search topic, everyone can add their ideas of search topics and we vote on one topic and all do that search!

I don't know how to do one of those pole things, perhaps someone that does could step up and help the world rid ourselves of Can Am Defender advertisements. So let's get the ball rolling by submitting your ideas and someone can collect the data, put a pole together where we can vote?

So, my contribution to the proposed search topics is, Swedish Bikini Models

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol..
I was going to use victoriassecret.com as the example to "improve your view" but choose Toyota. Hahahah.

Plus. It works on what the individual searches. Not us collectively.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33
Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
Lol..
I was going to use victoriassecret.com as the example to "improve your view" but choose Toyota. Hahahah.

Plus. It works on what the individual searches. Not us collectively.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
It may be true that individual searching is what triggers adds on our computers, but it wouldn't hurt to try. So let's do this experiment and see the results

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the can-am and never searched for one

Reactions: BKopp
advertisement
hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
Of course you could get ghostery and not see any of those ad's.

That is what Yamaha and Can Am and Polaris owners use.

But maybe the ad's are what make this site interesting.

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
My suggested solution is to get rid of the Windows computer, and get a Linux system instead. That way you don't have to put up with all the Windows shortcomings, and you can also use "ad block" on the Linux. :)
All good ideas, but my point is, wouldn't you rather look at Swedish models? Maybe there are those on here that would end up sleeping in the garage for a week if their wife catches them. So tell us what you would rather look at than a Can Am Defender

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
Can Am was bad enough, now I am being subjected to Polaris advertisements. I guess when you wish for a change in advertisements I should be more specific. Ok, if Swedish bikini models will not sit well at the home front, I am wishing for advertisements for beer, not that Europen motor oil tasting crap, but for good old American beer.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement