How to wire a winch

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
Hello,,,just purchased a pioneer,,,

Bought a cabelas Champion 3000 for 100$ in the Wheeling Store last week!! Not a super great winch,,but I only will use it to raise and lower a plow.

I have looked at a aftermarket front bumper that has a built in winch mt,,,does anyone have any experience with them,,,I really like it but am afraid it may make the front end to heavie,,,and I love how the pioneer turns,,,,

Can anyone give me insight into where to wire it to and how??

thanks
longbeards

Machine runs like a top,,,just ran it around the farm and didn't have to put It into 4x4 anywhere!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
A 3k for $100. Wow. You can't beat that with a stick. Well you can but it want do any good.

Be sure to pick up a snatch block to help in the really nasty stuff.

Ya follow ohanacreek's post. It's a good location. And here is a few more winch post also. http://www.google.com/cse?q=winch+eire& ... nch%20wire

"Winch" bumper you looking at? Lol.

Yes, the winch and bumper will add more weight. To offset do the spring spacer mod everyone is doing for cheap. It will lift it back up.
accessories-and-modifications-f48/front-spring-spacers-t930.html

Ok.
Be sure to give us a yell if you need help.
Thanks.

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
THANKS GUYS,,,will check out the web site and hopefully have it installed in the next week....really leaning to toward the winch bumper with mount...

Wonder if there is any resale on the factory bumper that came with it? thanks jim