How To Route Rear Light Wires?

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've got a bed light and some "back-up" light pods I need to wire to separate switches.

I know many of y'all have done similar things.

I mounted up the bed light today, and looked around, kinda dumbfounded, wondering where to run the wires.

Any tips/tricks/pointers/PICTURES would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

74a888d02c62bdcfc633e948a2789903

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

J

JTW

No pics yet.. but my wires run along side the intake from under the hood up under the seat by the gas tank.. then across under the seat and up the drivers side rops.. they then run up top of the rops and to the rear. They're ziptied in place.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I got a rough idea how long I wanted my wires (then added on some more) and then cut 5 pieces of wire and put them in some plastic wire loom. Then I ran the wire loom/wires along next to the factory wiring from the switch area down underneath the floor and up under the seat where I left a few of the wires for future use then continued the loom/ remaining wires to their destination (in my case that was up the b pillar to the overhead radio) Its always easier in my eyes to plan ahead and add at least an extra wire here and there while your running them just in case. I've also read about some guys drilling holes in the ROPS and running wires thru there,it's a real clean way of doing it but I'm not a big fan of that method.

Reactions: JTW