P1000 How much will the Pioneer 1000-5 width limit my riding areas?

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I am researching the heck out of all my SXS options and I am learning that there are 50" "Trail" width and then everything else. I believe the Pioneer 1000-5 is 64" so my question is how many place will I not be able to ride? My target areas are the Rockies ,Moab, East Tenn ( Royal Blue etc.) areas. Are there general areas that prohibit over 50" machines ( ie Nat'l forests , etc.) ?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It depends on where you live. Check with local trail systems.

In AL and TN, we don't have any issues with the P1000

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It depends on where you live. Check with local trail systems.

In AL and TN, we don't have any issues with the P1000

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

At Kentuck ORV they are 50" Nazis

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not at all. Anything can be sharp if applied with enough force. 50" trail just means try harder lol. Seriously though I've never had an issue

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Moab you should be ok with.. I've been there twice with hummers, jeeps and 4 wheelers. The 4 wheelers were waaaay more fun there. Most of ky and Tn should be ok.. It just depends where you ride in the Rockies.. This is honestly partly why I chose the p500.. I just want a small machine so I can just go and not worry about width restrictions, whether I'm hunting or riding.