P1000 How much lift from fox shocks

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much lift can be had from fox shocks, if any?

I'm contemplating adding a set and removing the highlifter lift, then adding 30" tires. If I can add 1-1.5" on the foxes I'd be back to the height i'm at now (hopefully not at the expense of ride quality).

Reactions: Ragnar406 and sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much lift can be had from fox shocks, if any?

I'm contemplating adding a set and removing the highlifter lift, then adding 30" tires. If I can add 1-1.5" on the foxes I'd be back to the height i'm at now (hopefully not at the expense of ride quality).
What @ohanacreek said . Depending on the tire you can get some 30” tires that measure short that may only rub at the most esteem angles and compressions (with aftermarket A Arms)
If you are going to go with 30’s you will need forward A arms and likely rear A arms. As that is where you will have clearance issues.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What @ohanacreek said . Depending on the tire you can get some 30” tires that measure short that may only rub at the most esteem angles and compressions (with aftermarket A Arms)
If you are going to go with 30’s you will need forward A arms and likely rear A arms. As that is where you will have clearance issues.

A arms are needed with 30’s

The preload is to set correct ride height for varying setups of different machines. You might get a little bit and depending on how heavy your machine is you might have the desired height just by setting the correct ride height.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really the intended use for preload adjustment you want to have about half the shock shaft showing when it’s settled.
Thanks. I understand you can get some lift with the 814s but I'm not sure I want to grind on my a arms to make them fit.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot to mention, I have satv front a arms.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A arms are needed with 30’s

The preload is to set correct ride height for varying setups of different machines. You might get a little bit and depending on how heavy your machine is you might have the desired height just by setting the correct ride height.
I have the front satv a arms installed now. I think if I can get 1" from the foxes I'd be happy.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you trying to accomplish and why ?
The ride quality sux with factory shocks, and the bracket lift made it worse.

I need to run a mud tire in the winter because my tensors do not clean out very well. I hunt in an area with alot of clay in a river bottom. Traction can be a problem crossing creeks etc...

I'd like to go to a 30" tire for looks mainly. 28s look a little short.

In addition, it would be nice to keep the clearance I have now.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting rid of the lift is going to make a huge difference in ride quality going with the 30s and aftermarket shocks will give you the clearance you need you can probably get an inch or less of lift out of the shocks but it’s not the way they are supposed to be set up.

I would bet that just setting the preload for the shops and the weight you have will give you the clearance you want

advertisement
Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting rid of the lift is going to make a huge difference in ride quality going with the 30s and aftermarket shocks will give you the clearance you need you can probably get an inch or less of lift out of the shocks but it’s not the way they are supposed to be set up.

I would bet that just setting the preload for the shops and the weight you have will give you the clearance you want
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the front satv a arms installed now. I think if I can get 1" from the foxes I'd be happy.
I have SATV arms and Fox shocks with some pre load and 30” tires. I’d look into getting the rear SATV arms for those 30”s or when you bounce you will rub. Like @ohanacreek said once you get the shocks and pre load them for your weight and set up with the arms you will be happy and will most likely have the set that you desire.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have SATV arms and Fox shocks with some pre load and 30” tires. I’d look into getting the rear SATV arms for those 30”s or when you bounce you will rub. Like @ohanacreek said once you get the shocks and pre load them for your weight and set up with the arms you will be happy and will most likely have the set that you desire.
I wish I had purchased the rear arms when I got the fronts. I got them just before the price hike for $300.

Reactions: Remington
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am not confident you will get the lift you want and maintain a quality ride or a ride improved from what you have. I tried essentially the same thing you are doing and it rode terrible with pre load cranked down to achieve lift.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All depends on the tire size... my 30’s I cannot run without the HL lift...
I am looking at outback max's, they are true to size. Looks like I'll have to leave the lift and add better shocks.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Between my tires, the foxes and spacers.. mine isn’t too bad even with the lift.
When I ordered my shocks, they wanted to know tire size and all the accessories, to send me the right shocks and springs.

Reactions: Remington
J

JTW

When I ordered my shocks, they wanted to know tire size and all the accessories, to send me the right shocks and springs.
9755BC33 F34B 431C 8AD4 CE5613E61F11

advertisement