P1000 Honda wich mount and bumper with synthetic rope???

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Broke my cable on the last ride and switched to rope. Has anyone had problems with the angles of the rope coming off the drum and contacting the inner edge of the bumper? Just felt the edge of my bumper and it seems the cable had touched it a few times with the roller fairlead. I also need to buy a new fairlead as my roller don't spin and the frame is a little bent. Opinions please, roller again or swap to a hawse?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I couldn't believe how much better luck we've had with rope you'll like it. Most run hawse and I think it may be better but good so far with rollers. I haven't checked if it's hitting but if it did with rope you'd know it quickly. If I remember we had to get a smaller roller for quads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

AB-Trails

Sep 12, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just replaced my cable with synthetic rope on my 1000. I noticed the same as you, that the cable had rubbed the bumper. I used the warn kit that includes a new roller fairlead and the new one has a smaller opening so there is no more rubbing.

M

msstate56

Sep 29, 2016
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running synthetic rope on mine with the Honda factory roller. The lower roller is larger in diameter for running a plow over it, but it helps give the rope a better angle to the drum in general. I made sure the rope wouldn't touch the frame, and bumped the fair lead up in the mounting holes just a bit and tightened it back down to make sure the rope wouldn't rub the frame.

Reactions: JTW