P1000 Honda Pioneer P3 OEM doors

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone have a line on some used OEM hard doors? Thinking about getting some but the $3,000 price tag is crazy high.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I remember that…I hated writing the check last January, but haven't regretted the puchase since. I hope you find a used set.

Reactions: Lady01
Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I remember that…I hated writing the check last January, but haven't regretted the puchase since. I hope you find a used set.
Man it’s rough for sure. I may bite the bullet at the end of next summer when I do the dual battery and heater install. To bad there is no after market doors that will work with the other factory cab stuff.

Reactions: Lady01 and Prntckt
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Man it’s rough for sure. I may bite the bullet at the end of next summer when I do the dual battery and heater install. To bad there is no after market doors that will work with the other factory cab stuff.
I did the heater first last December. My gen 1 soft doors leaked so bad, it was like I hadn’t installed a heater at all. Made the hard door decision easier though. When you put the heater in, spend some time sealing up the cab. The Honda OEM cab has a lot of air leakage that impacts the effectiveness of even a good heater. I used round pipe insulation for the larger gaps and Gorilla tape for small leaks. Made a big difference. I got a lot of good advice from forum members here.

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I did the heater first last December. My gen 1 soft doors leaked so bad, it was like I hadn’t installed a heater at all. Made the hard door decision easier though. When you put the heater in, spend some time sealing up the cab. The Honda OEM cab has a lot of air leakage that impacts the effectiveness of even a good heater. I used round pipe insulation for the larger gaps and Gorilla tape for small leaks. Made a big difference. I got a lot of good advice from forum members here.
I sealed up about 95% of the door cracks already for the half doors with the soft uppers using cut-to-fit garage door seal. I went for a ride on Saturday and it was 12 degrees out…..the small golf cart heater I’m rocking did a pretty good job keeping the cab over 55 degrees plus keep fog off the windows but I only think that was because I sealed up the cab so well. Still thinking I may want the new hard oem doors though, just hard to spend that much after all the money I’ve just spent on it with the accessories and trailer.