P500 Honda Pioneer 500 Windshield

D

drgriffith

Feb 1, 2021
Ownership

1. 500
Can anyone recommend the best windshield to purchase for my Pioneer 500, OEM or aftermarket?
Thanks!

Reactions: J80
S

Santa

Jul 30, 2018
Kimberly, WI
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Extreme Metal Products (EMP) poly full windshield on my 2017 500 with 6300 miles on the machine. It has not scratched and attaches very well. I have also installed a hand windshield wiper. An absolute necessity, in my opinion.

WalleyeWacker

WalleyeWacker

Dec 27, 2014
Can anyone recommend the best windshield to purchase for my Pioneer 500, OEM or aftermarket?
Thanks!
I’ve had the Honda Pioneer 500 full poly tip out on my Honda Pioneer 500 since fall 2014 and it has worked well.
whenever you pull into a gas station make sure you never use the squeegee that you use on a glass car windshield,
those squeegees are always full of sand and it’ll ruin your windshield.
i’m on my seventh year with my Honda pioneer 500 and I love it, I use it for ice fishing up here In northern Mn.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I also had the Honda full poly tip out windshield on my P500. If I had it to do over again I would go with the SuperATV tilt out windshield. No issues with the Honda but too many times I wished I could have fully open the Honda windshield.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I've used the Honda tip out and a Super ATV tilt.

The Honda one allowed you to access under the hood really easily.
But you always where looking through the windshield.
If there was light mist, or sun obscuring the windshield too bad.

The Super ATV is nice in that it flips up so you can see no matter what is on the windshield.
Driving in light mist - no problem, flip it up (my face is still wind burned from last weekend at RRB).
Driving in to the sun - flip it up and look directly in to the light (still better than the glare on a plastic windshield)
But the lower part of the Super ATV windshield is not movable and blocks opening the hood easily.
There is a thread where people have modified the lower part to flip up to allow access to the hood but it requires a little work on your part.

My conclusion - Super ATV for the win.
Plowing with the windshield flipped up, it was still muddy and the last 2 times I tried to clean the windshield I ended up with a frozen mess.
Flip it up and plow, deal with the mud another day.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome new member.
Honda hard coat tipout winshield here with ( Boat Electric wiper & washer kit ) from the Top 8 inches down have Window TINT helps with the Glare.

Check out : Alumilite Aramor : pricey : Glass windshield 3-4in tilt - add wiper - add 90 degree tilt - add the rest of CNC aluminum cab - doors - roof
Backpanel - $3300.00to $ 3600.00 + shipping

Haven't talked myself into that one or hit the lottery.

Last edited:
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
If you purchase a poly window make sure it is Hard Coat. I have a Moose front window it’s nothing special, no tilt or fold but it’s hard coat and scratch free. I also have a windshield wiper on it with no problem. I make sure I clean my wiper regularly and I clean my windshield with a microfiber rag and a quick detailer like mother’s or showtime.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I've used the Honda tip out and a Super ATV tilt.

The Honda one allowed you to access under the hood really easily.
But you always where looking through the windshield.
If there was light mist, or sun obscuring the windshield too bad.

The Super ATV is nice in that it flips up so you can see no matter what is on the windshield.
Driving in light mist - no problem, flip it up (my face is still wind burned from last weekend at RRB).
Driving in to the sun - flip it up and look directly in to the light (still better than the glare on a plastic windshield)
But the lower part of the Super ATV windshield is not movable and blocks opening the hood easily.
There is a thread where people have modified the lower part to flip up to allow access to the hood but it requires a little work on your part.

My conclusion - Super ATV for the win.
Plowing with the windshield flipped up, it was still muddy and the last 2 times I tried to clean the windshield I ended up with a frozen mess.
Flip it up and plow, deal with the mud another day.
View attachment 252781
What size blade is that? 54" or 60"?

advertisement
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It's the official honda one, 54":
I assume it works good, would a 60" be better?

Honda now has a 60" in the accessories for the 520.

I think I would prefer a 54" for my needs and storage if it works sufficiently.

Reactions: Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Any size will work just depends on how much time you want to spend. A 54" at an angle puts you driving in the snow so a 60" would be better. Many of us are running a 66", never had a problem pushing it.

Reactions: Mudder and Jerryg
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
After having a poly windshield (not hardcoated) that got scratched to the point of hard to see through I got a glass windshield from sxswindshields.com - I like the full width vent along the bottom which also allows you to remove the hood. I also added two Kemimoto wipers and a windshield washer pump and reservoir.
Windshield Wiper Out
Here is a previous link with more info.