Talon Honda OEM Glass Windshield (Talon X4)

C

CI2azy-CI2az

Nov 4, 2019
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Not sure if its just cause I am new or lost on this site at the moment. Lots of great information, but not sure if this has been posted yet. I have a Talon X4.. and got the OEM glass windshield and wiper kit.

I cannot seem to find anything solid on the installation of the wiper kit with the wiring/switch plate. I have found other great information on installation of everything else, thanks to most of you here!!

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: BWAF
H

HondaTech

Here's the Wiper Installation Instructions, ill also post them in the sticky thread at the top with the rest of the Talon Accessory Instructions.

Attachments

• Windshield Wiper.pdf
    965 bytes · Views: 334
Reactions: ohanacreek
All5Hondas

All5Hondas

Always Honda
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2019
Mountains
Ownership

1. Talon X
Here's the Wiper Installation Instructions, ill also post them in the sticky thread at the top with the rest of the Talon Accessory Instructions.
Hi,
I cannot open the file, but have my instructions for wiper install, probably the same. Anyway, today install was going good, til we got to the electrical. I did not buy the optional switch plate w/wiring harness because I do not want it - not adding anything more, and like and use the cubby that it takes over. So.....is there any reason I cannot finish the install with the supplied wiring harness that came with the kit? Instructions say " Connect the switch to the large black connector on the wiring harness and connect the small black connector to an available two-pin connector on the switch harness." Is there an available two-pin connector already there and just cannot find? Somehow, thought Honda had one somewhere. It just seems the kit should be complete and ready to go - am I missing something here? Thanks for any help you can give, want to get this done.....

H

HondaTech

Hi,
I cannot open the file, but have my instructions for wiper install, probably the same. Anyway, today install was going good, til we got to the electrical. I did not buy the optional switch plate w/wiring harness because I do not want it - not adding anything more, and like and use the cubby that it takes over. So.....is there any reason I cannot finish the install with the supplied wiring harness that came with the kit? Instructions say " Connect the switch to the large black connector on the wiring harness and connect the small black connector to an available two-pin connector on the switch harness." Is there an available two-pin connector already there and just cannot find? Somehow, thought Honda had one somewhere. It just seems the kit should be complete and ready to go - am I missing something here? Thanks for any help you can give, want to get this done.....

All you'd need is power and ground I believe. Its been awhile since I've installed one, but the two pin connector from the switch panel is on a relay and fused. You could easily do that as well, but shouldn't need a relay.

The switch panel kit is their way to make the process simpler and locating the switches in an easy location. Its alot better than the Pioneer setup was.

Reactions: Smitty335
All5Hondas

All5Hondas

Always Honda
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2019
Mountains
Ownership

1. Talon X
ok, yes, understand their idea on the switch panel, helps those that add lights, stereo, etc. Just thought there was already an accessory connector somewhere, like for a winch maybe? that we could connect that two pin to.......will keep thinking..........thanks!