P500 Honda Full Hard Coat Windscreen Problem

15P5Mike

Jul 6, 2015
Hey there, I ordered the full hard coat Honda signature accessory windshield and when I took it out of the box it isn't quite what I expected for the price. I expected it to have the black trim and the Honda logo in the middle with the signature logo on the driver side but the one I received is all clear and the packaging does not seem like typical Honda. I really wanted the screen print on the window as I feel it looks better and I could of spent much less for just a clear window. Is seems like Honda is farming these out to a aftermarket supplier and putting it in a Honda box. Please tell me if this is a new updated version or did I get a dud. Thanks.
Part #08R74-HL5-A01

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi @1515Mike,
Sounds as though you did receive the right part. Here is the best pictures I can find. GENUINE HONDA PIONEER 500 POLY TIP OUT WINDSHIELD W/ OPTICAL GRADE & HARD COAT

And, your right about Honda farming them out. Everything from the actual design to the production is produced second hand. Honda's involvement is only with design requirements and final approval.

Also notice. This is a Honda "Genuine" accessories. Not a "Signature" accessory. Resources say there is a difference. But we as consumers haven't a clue. Maybe I can find out sometime.

15P5Mike

Jul 6, 2015
Hi @1515Mike,
Sounds as though you did receive the right part. Here is the best pictures I can find. GENUINE HONDA PIONEER 500 POLY TIP OUT WINDSHIELD W/ OPTICAL GRADE & HARD COAT

And, your right about Honda farming them out. Everything from the actual design to the production is produced second hand. Honda's involvement is only with design requirements and final approval.

Also notice. This is a Honda "Genuine" accessories. Not a "Signature" accessory. Resources say there is a difference. But we as consumers haven't a clue. Maybe I can find out sometime.
There only seems to be the two part numbers listed and I think it says signature on the box, I'll check when I get home

15P5Mike

Jul 6, 2015
There only seems to be the two part numbers listed and I think it says signature on the box, I'll check when I get home
I'd like to see what the ones are with the border, I think it may be the optical version.

Reactions: iowaguy
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Not sure Mike. I was going off what the Honda accessories listing showed online.