P1000 Honda Factory Switch Plate

S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i don’t think I’ve noticed anyone using Honda’s factory acessory switch plate. Is that because it’s limited to 4 switches?

Any pros and cons?

Honda Pioneer 1000 Switch Plate Harness P/N 0Sa30-Hl4-100

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$300 WOW first off the price. I didn't even know they made one still not sure what it fits but it doesn't look like it would fit the 1000.

IMG 1496

IMG 1498

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet they sell more than we think.
The panel goes in the cubby below the warning plate.
Lots of people will buy what the dealer sells them.

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
H

HondaTech

You get the people who want the heater and wiper kit with a full cab and this is just a must have, easy way to get everything installed.

Dealerships cant make money doing custom installs, being efficient at installing stuff that fits without hassle is the money maker.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You get the people who want the heater and wiper kit with a full cab and this is just a must have, easy way to get everything installed.

Dealerships cant make money doing custom installs, being efficient at installing stuff that fits without hassle is the money maker.

Don’t need it for either.

Reactions: sharp
H

HondaTech

Don’t need it for either.

That may be true for the guys who want to take the time to make their own custom stuff.

But for the dealers who are paying their techs by the hour in some cases, or god forbid your a tech getting flat pay on accessory install, then custome work is a no go. It takes longer than it's worth and the customer doesnt want to pay custom fab times.

It's the same for Goldwing accessories, give me model specific chrome doodads all day long. I can make the shop money that way. But then you get the guy who wants LED strips wire up with not enough wire, no terminal ends and hes not sure where he wants them. On top of that he wants some BS mp3 player installed thats going to drain his battery dead and you look like an idiot charging him 6 hours of labor to do it.

But honestly that's a steal for the time I'm going to spend installing all that crap.

Last edited:
S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Time, time, time is key. Having a baby and a toddler, I find that I don’t have much free time to do anything anymore. When I do, there’s the have to do, should do and want to do list. Unfortunately “want to do” doesn’t get much attention.

I honestly thought about it if it included the switches and was a quick install, but besides the ridiculous cost,losing that cubby is another draw back. Also the warning plate location is much easier to access. Under the hood. The issue with that location however is it’s the kick spot of my toddler when he is riding in his car seat.

Reactions: JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Time, time, time is key. Having a baby and a toddler, I find that I don’t have much free time to do anything anymore. When I do, there’s the have to do, should do and want to do list. Unfortunately “want to do” doesn’t get much attention.

I honestly thought about it if it included the switches and was a quick install, but besides the ridiculous cost,losing that cubby is another draw back. Also the warning plate location is much easier to access. Under the hood. The issue with that location however is it’s the kick spot of my toddler when he is riding in his car seat.
I believe @Hondasxs spoke of creating a one stop shop for something similiar.
Hopefully he can update with where he is on that.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I believe @Hondasxs spoke of creating a one stop shop for something similiar.
Hopefully he can update with where he is on that.
Ya, I can build you a custom kit if you're not in a too big of a hurry.
Actually, I need a client to help me move this idea forward for Pioneer models.

The idea is to build a DROP IN AND DONE system that would only require + & - to the battery then wiring up your accessories with the +&- with the provided pigtails. Once you did that just plug them in and flip the switch.

Could provide a switch for the left side of the steering wheel powers the panel. It will not stop the kid from kicking them but would stop him from sucking your winch in on top of itself. Or a power switch with a flip cover. Just a few ideas.

Something you interested in?
Let me know.
Thanks.

advertisement
J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
When I bought my 2019 LE I wanted the Honda glass windshield with wiper and a winch. The said that I would need to buy the Honda switch set up so I did. Guess I was one of the few that have done so. It left me with 2 open switch positions. I had to buy 2 proprietary Honda cables at $50 each to set up my LED lights.
I wound up using one of those to power a small 4 gang switch box that I mounted to the bar just above the driver. So then I just flip the switch to power that box and then have the choice to power my side lights, some light, or rear pod lights as needed.
Probably a poor set up compared to the knowledge base on the forum, just old grandpa's attempt to make it work for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spoof0ne
S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya, I can build you a custom kit if you're not in a too big of a hurry.
Actually, I need a client to help me move this idea forward for Pioneer models.

The idea is to build a DROP IN AND DONE system that would only require + & - to the battery then wiring up your accessories with the +&- with the provided pigtails. Once you did that just plug them in and flip the switch.

Could provide a switch for the left side of the steering wheel powers the panel. It will not stop the kid from kicking them but would stop him from sucking your winch in on top of itself. Or a power switch with a flip cover. Just a few ideas.

Something you interested in?
Let me know.
Thanks.

Tell me more. I might be interested. PM?

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
That may be true for the guys who want to take the time to make there own custome stuff.

But for the dealers who are paying their techs by the hour in some cases, or good forbid your a tech getting flat pay on accessory install, then custome work is a no go. It takes longer than it's worth and the customer doesnt want to pay custom fab times.

It's the same for Goldwing accessories, give me model specific chrome doodads all day long. I can make the shop money that way. But then you get the guy who wants LED strips wire up with not enough wire, no terminal ends and hes not sure where he wants them. On top of that he wants some BS mp3 player installed thats going to drain his battery dead and you look like an idiot charging him 6 hours of labor to do it.

But honestly that's a steal for the time I'm going to spend installing all that crap.
I am one of those guys that has the factory switch boxes. Now I am going to install a 2nd battery and I am very concerned about how to correctly power that factory set up from my 2nd battery. Any advise I can get on that would be very helpful.

H

HondaTech

I am one of those guys that has the factory switch boxes. Now I am going to install a 2nd battery and I am very concerned about how to correctly power that factory set up from my 2nd battery. Any advise I can get on that would be very helpful.

Honda has a the switch plate powered from the accessory wire under the fuse box and on the starter solenoid hot side.

H

HondaTech

When I bought my 2019 LE I wanted the Honda glass windshield with wiper and a winch. The said that I would need to buy the Honda switch set up so I did. Guess I was one of the few that have done so. It left me with 2 open switch positions. I had to buy 2 proprietary Honda cables at $50 each to set up my LED lights.
I wound up using one of those to power a small 4 gang switch box that I mounted to the bar just above the driver. So then I just flip the switch to power that box and then have the choice to power my side lights, some light, or rear pod lights as needed.
Probably a poor set up compared to the knowledge base on the forum, just old grandpa's attempt to make it work for me.

What proprietary Honda cables did you purchase if you dont mind me asking? I dont recall Honda selling anything like that, everything that works with the switch panel is only available by purchasing the accessory your wanting to get the parts.

I'm intrigued!!

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
What proprietary Honda cables did you purchase if you dont mind me asking? I dont recall Honda selling anything like that, everything that works with the switch panel is only available by purchasing the accessory your wanting to get the parts.

I'm intrigued!!
When I bought my Honda I had the dealer install a warn winch, Honda full glass windshield with wiper, and what they told me I needed to make it all work. The Honda fuse box and the switch panel that went into the empty spot in the LE just below the light and transition mode switches.
That switch panel had 4 slots for switches and a volt meter. The panel when delivered had a switch for the winch, wiper and 2 empty slots. The 2 empty spots in the fuse box were for lights and aux. Both require a Honda proprietary cable at about $50 each. I have purchased both. One I have running a 12 light bar and the other I have powering a small 4 swich box for additional lights. I know now what I paid for all of the Honda parts was extreme to say the least. But now I am setting up a second battery. Not sure how to move the power for the Honda aux box to the 2nd battery.

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US

I'm intrigued!!
Sorry for the long story.
The part was
Honda 0SV31-HL4-301 LED Light Bar Wire Harness

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I guess what is really throwing me is I understand the red cable to the battery side of starter relay switch. And I understand the ground cable connection. I would think that if I move these two to the 2nd battery it would accomplish the move that I want. But I do not understand what the wire tap to the original equipment fuse panel accessory wire does, and if anything, what do I do with that connection?

H

HondaTech

I guess what is really throwing me is I understand the red cable to the battery side of starter relay switch. And I understand the ground cable connection. I would think that if I move these two to the 2nd battery it would accomplish the move that I want. But I do not understand what the wire tap to the original equipment fuse panel accessory wire does, and if anything, what do I do with that connection?

Since theres no wiring diagram available for the their fuse box, I can only assume that the main power provides the power for the board and the key on wire is a signal to allow power to the all the accessory switches.

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
Since theres no wiring diagram available for the their fuse box, I can only assume that the main power provides the power for the board and the key on wire is a signal to allow power to the all the accessory switches.
If I understand correctly then the wire connected to the fuse box would be the main power source and I should move that to the positive side of the 2nd battery. The negative connection I could move to the 2nd battery also. Then the wire going to the key on wire would be a signal wire only and shouldn't draw any power from the main battery.

advertisement