P500 Honda Fabric Rear Panel

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Last winter, we did not get any snow accumulation to speak of, here in NY. :) Which meant the wife and I got out allot of weekends for a "buggy" ride. :) We are hoping for a repeat winter.

I read a number of posts on the Tusk rear window. While it looks like a good value, I think I'd prefer the Honda, because of the unobstructed rear view mirror and the roll-up window, plus I get a 20% discount from my dealer.

Now for those that have it, along with a hardtop and full windshield, did it significantly reduce the turbulence in the cab at 30mph? Staying warmer would be a good thing and would be the primary reason to get it.

Also, we would only use it for late fall, winter, and early spring, so is it relatively easy install and take off? From the Honda instructions, it seems to be.

If you ride on dirt roads, does in quickly accumulate allot of dust, inside and out?

Thx for your input.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocmar
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
It is fairly easy to get on and off but I also have the Honda doors for the winter and with those the heat off the engine keeps the cab plenty warm for me.

Reactions: rocmar
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This is going to sound crazy ,but I have the 1/2 windshield with the rear Honda panel it works great to keep the dust out of the cab ,but if I unzip the middle and roll it up when its not dusty I get a lot more heat buildup in the cab,Most of my riding is done at 20 mph or above and at that speed you really notice the diff. in airflow

Reactions: JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
This is going to sound crazy ,but I have the 1/2 windshield with the rear Honda panel it works great to keep the dust out of the cab ,but if I unzip the middle and roll it up when its not dusty I get a lot more heat buildup in the cab,Most of my riding is done at 20 mph or above and at that speed you really notice the diff. in airflow

Do you have the sound/heat barrier
that would solve that problem...
IMO

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Do you have the sound/heat barrier
that would solve that problem...
IMO
I really haven't considered it to be a problem,I live in Iowa,it gets cold here.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Honda dealer called today and picked it up after work. Instructions were clear and install was easy. I will do a final cinch strap adj this weekend and test it out.

Reactions: JTW and trigger
doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Pictures too please!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

advertisement
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Quick Pics:

GEDC2014
GEDC2011
GEDC2012

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
The wife and I took it out in the afternoon today. Temps barely hitting mid-40's. Its getting close to rifle season here (cross-bow currently), so we stay off allot of the permissions. We did the dirt road tour where we stay close to 30mph. With the windshield closed against the front hood, the fabric rear panel keeps that vortex off our backs and necks. :) Does what I wanted. :)

I think the zippered rear window will come in handy during the spring when it starts to warm back up again. We will be able to control how much ventilation we want, up to when its time to remove the panel.