P1000 Honda E-brake!!

J

JTW

Well this was entirely more trouble than it should have been... thanks to @ToddACimer and his e-brake idea, I took it and ran with it. Basically, I wanted mine higher and didn't care to make some modifications to the factory brake bracket. I had a line lock parking brake before and after 3 failed locks blowing the o-rings out, I switched to todds design.

So basically it's the same thing only I raised mine and cut off some of the flat on the brake peddle bracket. I used a screw in furniture foot for the piston contact. And I finally took off the bracket and drilled a couple holes thru both the E brake bracket and stock brake peddle bracket.. I had issues with the leverage from the lock action pivoting the new bracket when I tried using the existing stock bracket holes.

So anyway.. to save anyone interested some time and headache.. I traced my bracket and marked where the holes are. I also kept the cut off piece for measurement reference for anyone that would like to do theirs the same way I did. I'll trace you a paper copy and mail it to you. Mine doesn't keep everything exactly stock but it gets it a little higher and out of the way and puts the brake system back to stock.
IMG 5427 IMG 5428 IMG 5429

J

JTW

An added note.. I can completely work the e-brake with my feet. In the position above the lever is in the "off" position. So I would just hold the brake with my left foot and flip the lever with my right foot. To release... just bump the lever with your foot back to "off"!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Omg, @JTW talking about his feet!
I like this design, but I am still leery about it. This will not hold your Honda in place if you have a brake line fail. The line lock you had before, had a small chance of at least engaging one corner to hold in place.
I am working on designing some brake lines right now, that will incorporate a better style line-loc. When complete, I will post part numbers and how to do it yourself.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good. I think the biggest difference is that I have the under dash storage. I don't think my lever would be able to pivot at that angle. I'm really happy with having a brake though

J

JTW

Omg, @JTW talking about his feet!
I like this design, but I am still leery about it. This will not hold your Honda in place if you have a brake line fail. The line lock you had before, had a small chance of at least engaging one corner to hold in place.
I am working on designing some brake lines right now, that will incorporate a better style line-loc. When complete, I will post part numbers and how to do it yourself.
I've got stainless brake lines now... it would have to be something pretty bad to take out the braking at this point