P1000m5 Honda Deflector Installation

Tehknics

Tehknics

May 26, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all! This is my first actual post on the site... Been reading for a while and just picked up a blue 17 1000-5 Deluxe before the memorial day weekend. I've got a roof on it and bought a Honda Deflector to keep the wind out of our faces, and I cannot seem to get the middle trim clip (the one that screws to the top of the dash) to go on without a struggle. It feels like I have to "bend" the deflector quite a bit in order for the clip to sit in the right position. Any ideas?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey all! This is my first actual post on the site... Been reading for a while and just picked up a blue 17 1000-5 Deluxe before the memorial day weekend. I've got a roof on it and bought a Honda Deflector to keep the wind out of our faces, and I cannot seem to get the middle trim clip (the one that screws to the top of the dash) to go on without a struggle. It feels like I have to "bend" the deflector quite a bit in order for the clip to sit in the right position. Any ideas?

Welcome and congrats.
That is a bit of a pain in the ass I agree. The center really has to be placed right before drilling and installing that brace but if off you can elongate that hole just a bit and use a larger washer, this will help even in the right spot. Leave the sides loose and push hard down on center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tehknics

Tehknics

May 26, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey appreciate it! Nice rig by the way .

In the first image, the clip is a good half inch off the dash, and you can see the deflector is straight. If I use some force and pull the clip to where it sits on the dash right you can see how much of a bow there is. Seems like I'm either fighting the gasket or the clip should be a little longer!

So you modified the deflector a bit then eh...hmm...

14969031364411722394960 1496903327897724812768

Tehknics

Tehknics

May 26, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So does the bow in the pic above look more than normal?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So does the bow in the pic above look more than normal?

Maybe a little. Mine had more bow than I wanted I dug through my junk drawer in the tool box and found a rubber washer and put between the center support and windshield.

Reactions: Tehknics
Tehknics

Tehknics

May 26, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe a little. Mine had more bow than I wanted I dug through my junk drawer in the tool box and found a rubber washer and put between the center support and windshield.
Good idea as well... I'll have to see what I have laying around. You would think these would fit easier coming from Honda.

Reactions: GlockMeister
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from WV