P1000 Honda Cabin Comfort Heat Fix

J

JB1000

Feb 24, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright guys so I had my pioneer 1000-5 at the dealer this week and got this installed. I rode a ton over the weekend up in Pennsylvania. I feel their fix was absolutely worthless. Now instead of the middle seat getting hot as hell, the backs of the seats are just as bad. I know some guys installed the bilge fans to help with the heat. My question is how many should I get and what size. I cant take the heat anymore. Also what hardware do I need to mount the fans. I am not to mechanically inclined, how hard are they to install and what type of switch do I need to get. Thanks for any help. John

Reactions: Farmerjohn
Sweetroll

Sweetroll

Oct 12, 2016
Boise, ID
www.mh-solutions.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I might suggest an easier first step - get a sheet of heat shielding like Hoodliner from Dynamat. I found a roll at an auto parts store that was big enough to cut one big sheet that goes under the seat. When I did this before Honda’s heat fix it worked ok, but now that I’ve done the fix and use the heat shield it works great. Our last couple of rides have been way better especially for our kid in the middle seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Farmerjohn
Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
804A56AA 67A4 45E7 B3D2 68278DD04365
I might suggest an easier first step - get a sheet of heat shielding like Hoodliner from Dynamat. I found a roll at an auto parts store that was big enough to cut one big sheet that goes under the seat. When I did this before Honda’s heat fix it worked ok, but now that I’ve done the fix and use the heat shield it works great. Our last couple of rides have been way better especially for our kid in the middle seat.

I just ordered the heat shield 1 & 2. Going to try it out and if that’s not enough I’m headed to bilge fans also!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 1000-3, and it really isn't all that bad until we're out on the trail for 30+ minutes or so.

I'm gonna put a fan in this winter. Might put in two. One to push it out, one to push it into the cab. Leave the fans off, and the warm seat might be kinda nice!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a 1000-3, and it really isn't all that bad until we're out on the trail for 30+ minutes or so.

I'm gonna put a fan in this winter. Might put in two. One to push it out, one to push it into the cab. Leave the fans off, and the warm seat might be kinda nice!
YEP, YEP!

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Try installing self stick reflective heat barrier ( firewall automotive rated) 1/4 inch thick on underside of entire seat. Then cover gap between seat frame and rear seat cushion to stop any heat rising up. Have done this to my 2017 P1000-3 and in 104 degree heat in Nevada last weekend my wife didn't complain riding in shorts. That's the real test!

Reactions: Landman and mjn
rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X

You can do it with one fan and one switch. Just wire your switch to run normal direction in one position, run in reverse in one position and off in neutral position.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the automotive reflective heat barrier tape all over. It’s ben ben a few years now and I can’t say it does much good but I’m leaving it on just for spite. My dealer Fked up and didn’t put most of the heat shield Parts on so they sent me another kit. I doubled up the rubber/kit and it’s oooook not good. My 4” bilge fan is the best thing going. I put that on a few years ago when I bought my 16’ always use it and no heat or steam. Should have just done that and screw the waisted time on all the other BS.

advertisement
Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the automotive reflective heat barrier tape all over. It’s ben ben a few years now and I can’t say it does much good but I’m leaving it on just for spite. My dealer Fked up and didn’t put most of the heat shield Parts on so they sent me another kit. I doubled up the rubber/kit and it’s oooook not good. My 4” bilge fan is the best thing going. I put that on a few years ago when I bought my 16’ always use it and no heat or steam. Should have just done that and screw the waisted time on all the other BS.

We went to cheese trail in WI two weeks ago and was my first long run since I bought the pk1000 a year ago. cabin got pretty toasty. I have split windshield and the plastic back cover behind front seats with sliding window and have not had heat upgrade from Honda. So ordered 4” bilge fan along with a reostat and installed it today. It really moves a lot of air when turned up so hope that will help now I have to decide if I should put in a second battery in. and if I do which one that will fit in space under hood.

4A506A99 BFCF 41E3 813F D4D89A03E821

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright guys so I had my pioneer 1000-5 at the dealer this week and got this installed. I rode a ton over the weekend up in Pennsylvania. I feel their fix was absolutely worthless. Now instead of the middle seat getting hot as hell, the backs of the seats are just as bad. I know some guys installed the bilge fans to help with the heat. My question is how many should I get and what size. I cant take the heat anymore. Also what hardware do I need to mount the fans. I am not to mechanically inclined, how hard are they to install and what type of switch do I need to get. Thanks for any help. John
I ordered Rule in line blower off amazon also reostat and cigarette plug with wires attached to temporarily plug it in my cigarette lighter. I mounted blower to used plastic left over from skid plate and got two insulated cable clamps 3/4 inch from local ace. (Electrical dept.). Put a little rubber tape around tube we’re it mounts to to give a tighter fit. Pretty easy to do just a little time consuming. Angeled it to blow we’re exhaust leaves the engine. (Header).

86C8DD33 6AD2 42C9 997F 0FDE86C5FD3D

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I ordered Rule in line blower off amazon also reostat and cigarette plug with wires attached to temporarily plug it in my cigarette lighter. I mounted blower to used plastic left over from skid plate and got two insulated cable clamps 3/4 inch from local ace. (Electrical dept.). Put a little rubber tape around tube we’re it mounts to to give a tighter fit. Pretty easy to do just a little time consuming. Angeled it to blow we’re exhaust leaves the engine. (Header).

View attachment 83284
That a good use for used skids, never thought about that! Got two busted ones laying on the shop floor! Just got to get the fans and switches ordered.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We went to cheese trail in WI two weeks ago and was my first long run since I bought the pk1000 a year ago. cabin got pretty toasty. I have split windshield and the plastic back cover behind front seats with sliding window and have not had heat upgrade from Honda. So ordered 4” bilge fan along with a reostat and installed it today. It really moves a lot of air when turned up so hope that will help now I have to decide if I should put in a second battery in. and if I do which one that will fit in space under hood.

View attachment 83277
I found 1 4” blower is sufficient.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How hot does it get in Michigan? We run plus or minus 5 deg. of 100 in the hot months.
About that at its hottest. Mostly in the upper 80’s low 90’s with very high humidity.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Done that! Didn't work that great here,

B

bja

Jul 21, 2018
Ossineke MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Had

B

bja

Jul 21, 2018
Ossineke MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have had our machine since last fall. Heat is ok in the winter but unbearable in the summer - their fix did nothing. And we live in Michigan, not the hottest state around. I don’t know why Honda’s customers have to come up with their own heat fix - these machines are not cheap & thst situation should be taken care of by Honda!!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have had our machine since last fall. Heat is ok in the winter but unbearable in the summer - their fix did nothing. And we live in Michigan, not the hottest state around. I don’t know why Honda’s customers have to come up with their own heat fix - these machines are not cheap & thst situation should be taken care of by Honda!!
It’s called manufacturers lol. I use to deal with them. There slow and just do what and when they want.

advertisement