P1000 Honda Auxiliary 4" LED Lights

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I originally thought I wanted to install a light bar up high but not on top of the roof. It would certainly die a misfortunate death from tree branches. The added illumination would be mostly for snow plow work and some low speed trail riding around the property. At first I thought a 42" bar under the roof visor of my Honda roof. Mounting would be questionable attaching to the plastic because I fear the light beam would bounce more than Polefessional with 38DD. I've since moved my thought to two 4" cubes mounted to the ROPS. Then I saw Honda's OEM version and how they mounted them and I like it a lot:

http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/0SV31-HL3-201.pdf

I just don't like the price. Retail: $299.00

Honda Aux Light

I really like their mounting location because I have a Honda glass windshield.

Mounting location

I can make that. Anyone used this location for mounting lights? The backside is the clamp. I've bought these to start with:

915GujSXpHL SL1500

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074YYBSGW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Feedback welcomed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I originally thought I wanted to install a light bar up high but not on top of the roof. It would certainly die a misfortunate death from tree branches. The added illumination would be mostly for snow plow work and some low speed trail riding around the property. At first I thought a 42" bar under the roof visor of my Honda roof. Mounting would be questionable attaching to the plastic because I fear the light beam would bounce more than Polefessional with 38DD. I've since moved my thought to two 4" cubes mounted to the ROPS. Then I saw Honda's OEM version and how they mounted them and I like it a lot:

http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/0SV31-HL3-201.pdf

I just don't like the price. Retail: $299.00

View attachment 87255

I really like their mounting location because I have a Honda glass windshield.

View attachment 87252

I can make that. Anyone used this location for mounting lights? The backside is the clamp. I've bought these to start with:

View attachment 87253

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074YYBSGW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Feedback welcomed.

Yes but if you’re somewhere it gets over 65F in a reg basis I’d make the windshield removable.

2bb0db3faad1b0b873e974f785849b53

Take a look at Rough Country their output is far more than a Amazon special of equal size.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes but if you’re somewhere it gets over 65F in a reg basis I’d make the windshield removable.

View attachment 87256

Take a look at Rough Country their output is far more than a Amazon special of equal size.

Upstate NY sees temps in the 90's down to 0 degrees. I kept the glass on this summer as a test and it was very reasonable especially after the bilge fan. I started with the Amazon cheapies to see if I would like it. I agree, Rough Country does put out some good stuff at a third of the price of Honda accessories. Thanks for your idea.

Reactions: BWAF and ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Upstate NY sees temps in the 90's down to 0 degrees. I kept the glass on this summer as a test and it was very reasonable especially after the bilge fan. I started with the Amazon cheapies to see if I would like it. I agree, Rough Country does put out some good stuff at a third of the price of Honda accessories. Thanks for your idea.

I’ll upload a video in a bit that shows mine in action. It will take a while ...

BUT it'll give you the closest thing to try before you buy.